School!

I remember we had one couple at my middle school when I was in the eight grade and I always saw them holding hands. However, ever since all of us went on to high school I’ve only seen the girl in the relationship once at the middle school science fair* the next year and I haven’t seen the guy in over three years

*The people who graduate from the middle school usually come back and visit when the science fair night happens in January and when the teachers organize a reunion at the school during the summer (Unfortunately, the one this year was cancelled because some of the teachers were moving house)

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: [quote=“Hutere, post:1060, topic:11768”]
The reason I think it’s banned is because our principal is strict in certain areas,
[/quote]

But, like… why ban PDAs like that? I just can’t fathom any possible reason…

2 Likes

No clue.
This is the person who banned leggings and anything supposedly “provocative”.
Kinda like Angela from the Office, but hypocritical, because she wears the stuff she bans.

5 Likes

Lucky, I wish that was the case here, because I hat et when people kiss when there are others around it’s awkward.

1 Like

In my school people kissing isn’t a problem.

What IS a problem is large groups loitering at hallway intersections which makes getting to the other side nearly impossible.

5 Likes

Fortunately you don’t seem to know about schools from less progressive areas. Pretty much everything aside from jeans (which they give us jean days for. Eyeroll over 9000) and the school uniforms are considered somehow provocrative or distracting. In primary school I was sent to the office and had my parents called to have me change clothes because I had a STRIPE on my sock. Yeah, not even joking there. Luckily I haven’t had to deal with that level of stupidity since primary school but similar things somehow persist.

9 Likes

what the heck even

7 Likes

I can relate that’s how it was for me when I was still in school. Middle school and the majority of high school were like that,until my senior year in high school they got rid of all that and we could wear what ever we wanted.

2 Likes

I have no idea, that was commonplace at that school, luckily nothing as stupid has shown up yet. The highschools just started to let us wear something aside from navy blue polos and khahki’s (Holy heck I freaking HATED those uniforms). Albeit shirts have to be school colors and have the school logo, we can wear black shorts though.

Anyway, rant aside, no use whining about it. I doubt it’ll change any time soon.

3 Likes

So they wanted you to look like you were from Best Buy?

K.

6 Likes

Thankfully I’ve never had to wear a uniform for school and I probably never will since I’m in my senior year of high school

3 Likes

Personally I’ve taken to calling them walmart uniforms. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Wow, that sucks… Here’s a tip, install steam to a usb and get some casual games. (Not very cpu or gpu intensive.) Use those to pass the time.

Today, someone who sits in front of me in math class didn’t know what 1 times 1 was and had to check with her friend.

WHAT

and I thought I was bad at math

7 Likes

HOW.

mind blown

6 Likes

My school spelt my name “cleb” instead of “caleb” in an art show not to long ago

5 Likes

I had to wake up at 6 AM today since I started at 8 AM for a lecture about writing papers, since we’re going to write a major one in November. Most of the info was stuff that was pretty ordinary stuff that basically everyone already knew, so that was worthless.

Then we went to visit an archive, which wasn’t too bad. Except that after an hour or so we were divided into three groups for the rest of the viewing, and had to wait until the previous group were done. We were supposed to end at 12 AM but since it took some time for the two previous groups, my group ended up having to not only wait for an hour, but also get 30 minutes overtime.

And to top it all off, the bus on the way home didn’t arrive for at least 10-15 minutes.

I’m loving the implementation of technology. It gives some teachers the excuse to just review and give filler assignments all class long to take up time and use some pre-existing video to teach. Not only that but half just expect us to know what 20 websites they want us to check for homework, much less know how to sign into the class. Seriously can we just be taught in class and if you’re gonna give homework just give it on paper.

So much ranting…
(And I’m sorry for that, I just need a place to vent.)

2 Likes