School!

Which one did you take? And was this your first one?

AP human geography, and yeah It was my first AP test.
I found it less to be hard and more a matter of knowing stuff we weren’t taught. If you studied you’d easily get about half the test correct. Other half was basically random facts that relate to the concepts we were taught but the random facts themselves weren’t taught. EX: city structure of a random city or listing a bunch of third world countries and asking what country some listed traits describe. No rhyme or reason to it. (One of which was the written response that I had to make up an answer for only to write basically the exact opposite of what it was… RIP)
There were a few concepts on there that also weren’t taught and weren’t really mentioned on the released written responses they have on their site. Kinda annoyed about the waste of money.

1 Like

Wow RIP. I’ve never had that problem before. Thankfully multiple choice won’t detract from you (usually) if you don’t answer a question. You can even get questions wrong and get 1/2 the credit.

Those written response questions are evil though.

1 Like

It is at times like these that I’m thankful of my school system for paying for our AP exams. This year I took the US History, Calculus AB, and English Literature and Composition exams.

The History and English ones were alright in terms of difficulty, though while I understood the writing portions for both fairly well I think I did quite bad in my responses. I just can’t write well under such a short amount of time and pressure.

The Calculus AB exam left me traumatized. Like one third of the multiple choice I knew how to do, another one third I sort of knew what I was doing, and the last one third I had no clue. But that’s not the bad part.
The bad part came with the free response questions. Six questions in total, each with four parts. Half I left blank and the rest was random guessing. It was really frustrating knowing what the question was asking but just not knowing how to do it with the information given. That and the fact that some parts required you to use the answer from the previous part to solve it.

1 Like

that’s like the worst, dude

Speaking of AP and Honors courses I’ve heard through the grape vine all the AP Government teachers are awful, either giving long lectures and nothing else or tons of projects. I’ve also heard the Honors Algebra 2 teachers are really hard…
Guess what I signed up for next year…
Why does my school refuse to let us get out of Honors or AP in favor of normal classes. ;-;

i finished my first and last year of college

honestly the worst thing for my health since i discovered my grass allergy while mowing the lawn

5 Likes

What are you gonna do now?

1 Like

Just graduated middle school today, now I’ve got High School to look forward to.

You don’t really “graduate” middle school. Still, congratulations and good luck in high school

1 Like

So you just finished 8th grade?

Yep.[quote=“BioKnight, post:1174, topic:11768”]
You don’t really “graduate” middle school. Still, congratulations and good luck in high school
[/quote]

Yeah, Graduate was just a fancy way of saying finishing. Because why not make it fancy.

2 Likes

2/5 of my exams are done… it’s going fine i guess

2 Likes

Hope you do well. Just took my math one today.

1 Like

I’ve been done since the 25th. Summer is fun, but now begins the looming task of summer reading projects (I could rant for a while about them, but put simply they are shallow, busy-work projects). I could do them now and forget the books (yes books) by the end of summer, or I could wait until later and find out I don’t have enough time.

Simply:

2 Likes

Yeah, my summer reading project is a joke. It’s so insanely easy but they require we read two books.

Pretty much ye. Long projects with little to add to comprehension or depth (the books are often shallow and have little in the way of morals at that). It just feels like busywork and if anything it discourages me from wanting to read.

1 Like

Well, my junior year’s almost at an end. I’m quite surprised at how quickly these past few months have gone by, but even more surprised that I have around 14 days left.

Still, it’s gonna be an eventful 14 days, with SATs, Finals, etc.

I will say that, overall, I enjoyed 11th grade a good deal- though I moreso preferred Biology than I did Chemistry.

1 Like

My sophomore year has been quite unlike anything else. My average school year starts off easy and ends with difficult stuff, but this year I was hit by five long-term assignments right off the bat, with more following. And now, all of that seems to have slowed to a crawl in comparison to the stressful first couple of months of this year.

Basically, this was just one big curveball of a school year. I’m glad it’s almost over.

For me, my senior year will be technically be done by Tuesday, but we have a senior breakfast and assembly on the Wednesday. After that, I get to go visit my old elementary and middle schools in my cap gown. Finally on Saturday, I have graduation and then a school grad night at a mystery (only the organizers know where) location, probably downtown