Selfies

I like doing self/community picturisations with my family members.

1 Like

Selfies should only be used for special occasions like at a exciting location or some famous person

3 Likes

Yeah…

13 Likes

I can just imagine how ridiculous the phone or camera looks on that tiny hand

7 Likes

here is my thoughts on selfies

5 Likes

I dont mind them to be honest, its just like with everything in real life, if you overdo it, its bad.

3 Likes

I think I’ve only taken like, two or three selfies that will never see the light of day.

They’re alright
Most people who think they’re stupid just so happen to be anti-social pretentious dudes.
Todd In The Shadows said it best in this song review

3 Likes

(#Theypretentioushaters2016)

2 Likes

#GatorsGunnaGate fam

1 Like

honestly, they dont bug me at all. I try to keep a consistant “you do you” social self-policy when considering things other people do. If they feel good taking pictures of themselves, good for them i guess. personally, I have never taken one; I dont even have social media.

1 Like

I know you said “most” but I know quite the few people who don’t like them while being entirely social. Those people are often the ones who actually build amazing relationships because they’re not constantly on their phones.

But if you want my opinion on them, they aren’t that great.

4 Likes

Liar, you have one as we speak!

2 Likes

:grimacing: Ok, fine. other than this one and youtube. not too many post selfies here or there tho :wink:

I think for certain occasions, like getting a haircut, or going to a special event or something, it’s alright, but continuously taking them…

3 Likes

I took a selfie one.
I buried it in my SD card.

I think that everyone has offered a really good perspective on what selfies should and should not entail. Here are my thoughts on the matter.

Selfies are just an overt expression of narcissism. It’s really just another version of a… self-portrait. We can’t all be artists, but it is really convenient and easy for us to take selfies with all the new forms of technology. Phones, nowadays, have such a close and intimate relationship with us. It makes sense why we so easily go to our phones and take selfies.

1 Like

I don’t see the problem with them. I have a few friends at school who I just don’t seem to speak to much outside of school (or even primary school friends I haven’t seen in years), but then I go on fb or ig and I see they have taken a selfie with the caption saying “family meal” etc (this is mainly in holidays when we haven’t seen each other for days). So I just think: Well now I know what they’re up to, as well as the 50-100 who like it. Its kind of a mass way of letting people at school and you haven’t seen at once know what your up to; at least in my social group and area

I’ve never really been in to taking selfies. My dad has actually tried to take a couple with me and my brother. I don’t know if he was trying to be cool with us but it kind of didn’t work.

One of these selfies by my dad happened after we climbed a huge sand dune on the Oregon coast while it was very windy. The picture ended up with me trying to shield myself from the sand that was blowing in my dace

Uh-huh this brings up several valid points but before we continue let me take a selfie

2 Likes