Shadow Titan Teridax

I absolutely love the strong burley look.

3 Likes

Dang, I really like this guy! I love the poses you put him into, and for some reason I really like those hooks on the feet. :stuck_out_tongue:

The only downfalls of this guy, I think, are the slightly cluttered textures and the hands. As with most MOCs using the old system sometimes the many various textures can get mixed up, and I’m not entirely sure where you could go about fixing it. As for the hands, I feel that they look somewhat messy, large and incomplete; I feel like they need something to cover up the exposed technic.

Anyway, in spite of these flaws I still love this thing.

4 Likes

So, so…AWESOME!

3 Likes

I went through 7 different hand designs before using the current one and no matter what it looked cluttered, every part I tried to smooth it out just ended up looking too clunky or awkward, I just wanted the 5 articulated fingers with a strong connection, i tried lol and the way they are now the fingers are much more sturdy, they never come loose or swivle left or right like the hydraxon finger connecters did, and some people like the less textured and smooth look but I personally like when builds are busy and filled with little extra colored details,pins,axles and the like and I figured it would translate well in a makuta design, since the Makuta are energy in armor and not biomechanical in the story.

6 Likes

So frickin coooool!!! This is a perfect Teridax rendition, this is how I will imagine him when I read about him, very very intricate and amazing! I love it!!

2 Likes

Right!? His set and film rendition had a pot belly and scrawny arms…for his Calibre of character his design before this one made zero sense to me. If you could not tell he is my favorite to read about…lol

2 Likes

Loving the proportions, the textures clash too much imo but other than that it’s great

3 Likes

It’s entirely personal bias from nostalgia, but I just can’t bring myself to see Teri in this, the color balancing is actually pretty much spot on for him, but while the build is solid it just misses too many of his visual elements for me, the beefy build is just so different, and the textures are drastically different, the biggest problem I have is that it’s completely missing my favorite part of his design with the upper body armor and how it’s, as I’ve seen it, massive pauldrons flowing smoothly into the chestplate.
Basically, the build is a little cluttered looking, but it’s alright, I just don’t like it as Teridax.

6 Likes

The tubes and the one ccbs shell just stick out for me. I don’t know it I’m just being crazy or not though

2 Likes

This is an amazing revamp. Good job.

3 Likes

Very nice work! Good colorscheme, and nice weapon design.

I feel like the core of the build was based off of Maxilos tho.

Also, he doesn’t need to look down that much; the mask has angled eye sockets (like built-in eyebrows); having his head tilted at a 90 degree angle forward seems too far, like he’s looking inside his chest armor.

3 Likes

Thank you! Well i looked at my Maxilos and was like…he has a very Teridax color scheme, oh and he has waist articulation and oh! He is colored in similar areas to the original Teridax, also I knew the only parts that could make my build look the way it does now was to use parts that are also used on Maxilos, so I took out my parts and started building the Maxilos base core, then I was thinking it would be too much like maxilos, so I tried quite a few things and different colors but it made more sense to leave the red like it is on Maxilos to Ballance out the gunmetal,black and greys, I was going to use black in the underarms but it would leave it with too much grey and black so I put it back as red and I was going to use black toa Mata feet for his feet parts and black versions of the grey forearms and shins but it again was not enough grey to be Teridax in color, Maxilos really has good placement and balance of color so the color and other things were inspired from Maxilos but it was at least not made with a Maxilos lol mine is still standing, I also used the waist articulation and the pistons idea because it adds alot of extra articulation that aren’t on alot of mocs. for some reason I guess I just like the top of his mask or I just like his head in his chest lol…also from what I have observed it seems almost every moc is using a significant amount of one characters design or another, either as a base or armor or key elements and that is why I went the route I did, I didn’t think it would break it’s chances as a good build.

5 Likes

It is certainly an impressive build, but (and I cannot believe I’m saying this) he has to many greebles. The clashing textures hurt my eyes. I really like his weapons, though.

2 Likes

I am currently working on a version two, which will veer away from the downsides of the current Teridax. Also, the reason other than visually having a similar color scheme, I used the Maxilos core because I believe that since there is no origin of the Maxilos robot other than they were built on Artahka to be used as guards for the pit and Daxia, that they were designed after Teridax to instill fear in prisoners and would be intruders, because even before the makuta hostile take over, makuta were the enforcers of the universe, so building them to look like makuta makes sense. so i wanted my Teridax build to reflect that idea I had.

4 Likes

That makes perfect sense, I think that is a good addition to the Maxilos robot origin and should be official! Also which works perfect with your Teridax design!

2 Likes

Teri-daddy

3 Likes

Teri daddy? Lol that is quite funny.

1 Like

I really like the build. Everything feels so well fitted together

3 Likes

The new version is even better!!! Outstanding work! This is definitely my favorite Teridax! I love how you changed around the chest, abdomen, hands, upper arms, back, and lower legs! Yeah I completely compared the old and new one side by side and noticed the difference right away and love the new intricate abdomen/chest area and totally makes sense to have tubes in every limb to show where the antidermis would travel through, that is a nice touch. Anyway great job!!!

3 Likes

What can I say, I’m impressed.

3 Likes