Shango. Yoruban Fire God. All 3 Forms!

Shango was a Yoruban deity worshiped in Nigeria. This MOC was inspired by that god in that he has fire-based powers and can take several different forms when he appears on Earth.

The gray shells are from an AliExpress bootleg set. But the gray add-on panels are from the Star Wars Baze figure. For the 2nd form I painted the red chest piece using Games Workshop brand paint. The hand piece in the Final Form is a 3D print designed by Leewan on Shapeways.

3 Forms

First form

2nd form

FINAL FORM!!

FINAL FORM full power!! (Prisma)

61 Likes

The third form is tied for my favorite, tied with the first form. Definitely gets the fire theme down

3 Likes

This moc is amazing!

100% deserves a moc spotlight!

Even if it is inspired by an entire other cultures design directly…
Great Job!

3 Likes

He’s going supa saiyan!

5 Likes

I love the multi colored fingers!

3 Likes

magician’s red!

6 Likes

^Exactly what I thought of.

3 Likes

I’d say the 2nd form is my favorite.

3 Likes

I really like the transforming concept. The last one is without a doubt my favorite.

4 Likes

Wow! This is quite a MOC. The third form is my favorite.
The shaping of the MOC was done very well.
Also, normally I would say, stick with one color for the fingers, but it actually works good, to my surprise.
Plus, I like the use of those Throwbots head parts as feet. Those can be quite useful.
All in all, very nice job!

3 Likes

Love the color combos you use. Where do you get these bootleg sets? Are they as pricy as official sets?

2 Likes

No, they’re way less. That’s the main reason to buy them. You can find them on AliExpress.com. Just search for ynynoo bionicle.

1 Like

What is the plastic quality on the bootlegs?

2 Likes

I really like the moc good job continue sorry I’m new

1 Like

Thanks! And welcome to the forum.

@TheMOCingbird it’s good. Virtually indistinguishable from official parts.

2 Likes

While the first two forms look cool, the third/final form is definitely the best. The one issue I have is that the mask on the first form looks a bit weird, but that’s more the pieces fault rather than the MOCs fault. That’s also a very minor nitpick, so it doesn’t really effect the MOCs. I like that you used the same lower leg piece on all three forms also.

I love how you mixed in different parts from across the years of Lego’s Constraction figure lines.
Throwbots, Bionicle G1, Hero Factory, Ben-10, Chima, Bionicle G2, and Star Wars.

1 Like

You know I didn’t even think of it that way, this might be my first MOC where I’ve spanned so many series. I think the next challenge will be to get parts from all those series into the same figure.

Don’t forget super heroes as well, that chest piece comes from Iron Man.

2 Likes

Seriously? A jojo reference

1 Like