ShiverBurn 2.0

So in 2014 I made this Moc called shiverburn. I wanted to remake it, so here is version 2.0.

86 Likes

This is enormous. Wow. The detailing looks great, props for pulling this off at such a large scale. The only problem I have with it is that the posing looks very static. My guess would be that its size makes it hard to balance?

3 Likes

balancing is actually really easy. thats a first xD

1 Like

deep inhale WAT IS DAT

2 Likes

Huh. Well good job. That does take away an excuse for the posing, though.

You know what, I really don’t understand. This two-three days were full of extraordinary mocs!

1 Like

This surpasses the original by far. Everything about the construction feels a lot more cohesive and sensible in placement. Even the textures, copious as they may be, are well organized and feel appropriate.

1 Like

Generally, this MOC pulls off the split look well. The size is very impressive and the legs are quite impressively built. There is good symmetry and balance between the two halves of the beast, which is commendable.

However, the MOC’s armor feels slightly cluttered in some areas. It appears that the tail cannot be articulated side to side, just up and down. I think side to side movement could be a great improvement to this MOC as it would allow for more dynamic posing. Also, the necks seem quite thin and the heads seem quite small when compared to the massive body and legs.

Overall this is a very imposing MOC that makes a very good use of a completely split look, which is a large improvement over the first version, but in my opinion, there are a few other improvements that could be made.

2 Likes

Ninjago hands of time anyone? But I have to say, I’m loving all the colors. This is also probably the best use of those HF heads that I’ve seen. Nice job Darknova.

1 Like

That would be a cool challenge against my mechs… I really love it

1 Like

very nice, and great photo!

1 Like

Those heads look horrible on this incredible moc.

5 Likes

From the neck down I agree with the others most impressive build for size and two element theme.

However, when the size is compared to the neck up I feel the monster heads are too small. I understand part limitations, and I would say try making custom heads to match. Because I don’t think there are any heads that could match the size of the body.

However, I really like your end tail and claw builds, again impressive build, till next build

1 Like

As a heads-up, I’m usually super critical of technic/constraction MOCs, but, uh, whoa. This is one of the best that I’ve ever seen.

From head to toe, this guy is well defined, sleek, and muscular. He or she has a legitimately lifelike appearance, which is pretty tough to nail down. The color dichotomy that’s capitalized on with a decent but not-too-liberal number of translucent pieces is awesome to look at, and the fire/ice breath is a clever touch.

The only serious critiques that I can think of are that the unique pattern of the Darth Vader chest plate clashes slightly with the area around it, and that the spikes near the top of the shins jut out in a pretty unnecessary and disruptive way. Again, though, this is incredible. Congrats, man.

1 Like

It’s a category five!

4 Likes

I love this giant monstrosity.

1 Like

A major improvement over the first version! Much better shaping and color blocking! Kudos!

1 Like

10/10 man so good

1 Like

Great MOC! Is that Metru red or Mata red? I can’t tell

1 Like

@Samtastictogo it’s mata red

1 Like