Should Hero Factory be rebooted?

Ironically Hero Factory had enough people buying there sets that they could last 4 whole years so to be quite honest Hero Factory is not that bad.

3 Likes

Agreed. Itā€™s not Bionicle by a long shot but I found it fun. The idea of toa-esque enforcers of law and justice traversing the universe and helping others was a fun concept and there werenā€™t many deus ex machinas to explain the changes in how they looked. Robots get upgrades and side-grades fro different tasks as they are needed and thus their entire appearance can change for the sake of a missions success. I also loved the different tech like black hole staffs-I wish that he got more time in the spot light because freaking black holes are awesome!-and many other concepts. It was a more slice of life type story; people doing their jobs and having fun doing it. Hero Factory was a good line and I wish it continued; it had a lot more capability to be diverse with its villains than Bionicle because of their premise and setting.

8 Likes

Now more than ever we need a proper constraction theme. Bionicle will always remain superior but HF had some good sets.

1 Like

And a much better building system. Long live CCBS!

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to hear @Mesonakā€™s thoughts on this.

3 Likes

Hero Factory should because it had a lot of good parts that most mocs do use. But I do agree it was the same thing basically. Catch the villains, the end. The Lego company needs to work on that.

2 Likes

I think it could have more, with the free Brains and the remained cocoon.

1 Like

I liked the original run and it had potential, so I wouldnā€™t mind a reboot.

3 Likes

A reboot would be good. The villains need to look better. As for the heroes, they need more armor, except for Stormer.

1 Like

I would love a hero factory Cival war between Furno and Rocka. I loved how they interacted with each other in savage planet and would love to see them fight each other

For the teams i would say

Team rocka
Rocka
Nex
stringer
Evo

Team Furno
Furno
Bulk
Stormer
breez

I would have surge kind of like spiderman in the comic version of cival war how spider man keeps getting torn on which side to go on

4 Likes

What a cool concept!

1 Like

Technically, they already had oneā€¦ sort of; Reality 09091.5 introduced the concept of Justice Apex, a competing heroic organisation that also had a habit of fighting HF during missions and such.
Granted, it was founded by Furno after failing Mission: Von Nebula, so the only other Heroes that went with him were also former Rookies (which means it was probably more along the lines of Furno, Surge, and Breez vs. Stormer, Stringer, and Bulk), but hey, at least thereā€™s at least some sort of precedent for the idea.

2 Likes

I would like to see HF rebooted, but it doesnā€™t have as much of a following for it to be brought back.

1 Like

HF never reached its full potential, but I donā€™t think rebooting it is the way to go. Something new would force the writers to actually think of something, not just stick in lame jokes with copy and paste villains.

1 Like

I think so. Itā€™d be interesting to see corruption in hero factory, and maybe have Makuro(spelling?) die and a corrupt businessman take over and he wants to use the factory as an army.

1 Like

This sounds either really good or just really terribad.

It could go either way to be honest.

3 Likes

HF was very important to me. Considering i am collecting LEGO since 2010 only, i grew up more with HF than Bionicle, even though, of course, Bionicle was better. It is such a nostalgic theme to me, wich is very underrated these days. I feel like it deserved more than what it was. But as much as i would like it come back, LEGO will never bring a theme like this back

3 Likes

That is the same for meā€¦ I had a few glimpses of Bionicle sets but I was too little to understand what they meantā€¦ When I was old enough to appreciate lego action figures, all the rage was HFā€¦
I would like it to come back with some more armor and weapons, as well as some more variable bone optionsā€¦

if they just redo the whole line with the newer bionicle pieces,I would flip outā€¦ not in a good way.

1 Like

More bones with more connection points. Thereā€™re some nice pieces like that in shape ways that Iā€™d like to see in official sets

2 Likes