Should the Toa and Matoran be the same height? [POLL]

It’s really not a hard concept to grasp.

Like at all.

1 Like

shrug
Who knows with those Danes.

Honestly, I never liked the wood legs, they always looked weird to me, but that’s a personal gripe. I kind of proffer a foot-extension. However, this is still a valid option.

1 Like

… You can tell they’re two different people, right? And that Peppy is not a part of The TTV Channel in anyway… Right?

2 Likes

We are talking about how they would work in the sets, but what I’m saying here is that the main part of this is the story, or AT LEAST the overall looks of he sets/ minifigures. In this G3 project, sure the sets are talked about, they’re just not the main focus of the project is all I’m saying.

I know, Its just contradicitons here amuses me so much that not even two memebers can get on what this project is actually doing.

It seems like you’re having a harder time grasping it than they are.

Also, I take it you have conceded your earlier point. Offer is still open to ask me anything you’d like regarding G1 Matoran and going in depth about their weakness.

1 Like

Nope thats not what you said, you said that story here takes more importance than sets…which is never the case when it comes to actual creation of sets of original IPs which incorporate both the story and set design aspects on a relatively equal way.

I can’t tell what you’re trying to say here, but I’m not talking about real life. I’m talking about the stereotypical “Cowboy and Indian” scenario like you’d see in a movie – the Indian has a bow and arrow, the cowboy has a pistol. Which helps to get my point across and is only insulting If you only read the first line and jump to conclusions.

TTV can only fully create the story, because they don’t have huge factories to actually make sets, unlike Lego. I think that’s what Pep’s trying to say.

~W12~

1 Like

Adding on to this:

And because of that, they can only design sets for this hypothetical scenario.

Disagree, they can make the conceptual sets with custom parts…and they have the community that can contribute to this which the contest should have helped with in some aspects. You dont need factories to create a MOC that can work as a set.

I’m sorry if I’m not on the same page as you, but from my understanding of the things mentioned by the cast, the sets were not as important as the story in this project. I’m not trying to say that no thought goes into the sets, but from my understanding, the cast is not trying to make actual sets that are exactly as Lego would have made them. The sets are still an important part of this, just from my understanding the story is more important. I am of course not part of the cast, so if I m wrong about this, I apologize. I’m just telling you my thoughts and opinions about this topic. I never said the sets are more important either, I said they are important. There’s a difference.

1 Like

Yes, but they cannot actually go so far as to design, mass-produce, and sell sets. Only Lego can do that. TTE can really only talk about what it would look like if they did have actual sets.

~W12~.

If that was the case for one or two sets, that would be fine. But, I seriously doubt it; without swarm enemies/trooper minifigs as main characers, there is going to be quite a lot of repeats of the toa minifigures. You’re going to want villagers to free up the gaps. True, parents of, most-likely never going to buy a kid one-three sets from any given wave, but when you have a large majority of the population being midgets, and when at least 25% of them in, IDK around 3-6 sets per wave , the small amount of shrt-legged people add up.

And what if story comes into play? What if we have a villager added to the toa’s team.
(like Dareth in ninjago)
We don’t know what the story will bring. We don’t know this because every single issue is maticulousy disected to the point where it’s crazy. At this rate, I’d say it going to be at least a year before the “sets” (or concepts for them) actually come out.

Could you see a set that has more matoran than toa, though?
I’d say you could: a temple of some sort (like the airjitzu temple); a collector’s item. Would you be happy if all the villagers/ regular townsfolk in that set had small legs? 'Cause I sure wouldn’t.

Oh, I didn’t know The Three Eljay’s was back! Sweet! :joy:

1 Like

Who shows up in one set and one poly-bag.

And you cite Ninjago, which also has a ton of repeats of the Ninja and rarely if ever has a civilian, One Matoran a set is still more than Ninjago.

Nah, Eljay’s just the only person who’s opinion matters on TTV, so might as well call it TTE.

~W12~

1 Like

Still waiting on an Ed and Edna minifig…

This is probably a different discussion, so I won’t really go into it, but could it also be forseeable that the Toa has slightly different variants? Like ‘regular’ Tahu and ‘powered up’ Tahu? Didn’t Chima do something like that?

So, like the NRG ninja from Ninjago?

~W12~

I don’t see it happening in year one

Exactly. That would help this problem.

1 Like

hey @IllustriousVar you did not tell me what you though of the “Matorans not wanting any Toa” idea i brough up a good number of replies ago: