Should the Toa and Matoran be the same height? [POLL]

Ninjago has plenty of repeats and barely any villager characters featured in their sets, and yet its LEGO’s most popular original IP ever.

And as others have mentioned, I invision alternative skins for the Toa in a similar fashion to NRG Ninja

I mean sure, for a collectors item perhaps. But its called a collectors item for a reason, most collectors are going to be purchasing this set for the purpose of displaying it and won’t care too much about pose-ability in the figures.

And even then, the Airjitsu temple had an even split between main characters and villagers.

Village set, Temple set, army builder pack, minifigure packs

Despite everything I would hate to only get small legged figures in these things cause those dinky little legs cant move their angle at all and are in a permanent stiff mode as if you dont actually have legs…never liked those, they are cancer, and should be burned and new moveable legs should be made.

1 Like

You wouldn’t. You’d also be getting Toa and Villain figures that are poseable.

I’ve stated in the past that we will likely have matoran characters with a variety of beliefs and supersition and some likely resistant to the Toa’s presence

2 Likes

With this discussion, I think there are people that hate the small legs with a fiery passion, and won’t change their mind for anything, and will vote for the Matoran to be taller every time because of that. I respect their opinions, but I think it’s wrong because LEGO would use the small legs pieces for the Matoran if they were doing G3, and a bunch of other reasons I’ve stated above.

1 Like

Yes they would, which is why I dont want them to have small legs for the exact reason of LEGO using those dinky legs to portray smaller characters. Never like the contrast of actually posable legs with the minifigures, to completely trash statuete syndrome smaller figures get with those legs. Heck I dont even like the dress thing they do where they shove a slope block under someones torso and call it a dress, completely eating someones legs…or the Big figs that cant move their hands, heads, and both legs…utterly disgusting.

you can’t say that. because not only has it never happend before in a Bionicle system set (from G1) so we don’t know what they would have done. Your just as wrong (and right) as the rest of us.

and by the way, i don’t hate children leg peices, i just want the matorans to look different in G3. I mean Lewas a girl in G3, so why not let the matorans be changed too.

Because gender change is okey, but power scale is something more confusing and should be simply described to you by leg scale. :blush:

Ok, so now you’re just admitting that you think the short legs are what Lego would do, what should be done, and they only reason you’re against this idea is because you don’t like the short legs, not that they wouldn’t work in this line. Am I right, or am I “misunderstanding” like you said I was before?

Who said they would work in this line? I dont see them. Did we discuss this in detail completely? No? k

We only started discussing about if this would actually work or not outside of the story aspect. Cause in the story you can have a shapeshifting CGI Garmadon fighting LeLyoid, but when you make a set out of it its not the same.

For someone who is so incredibly wrong and unwilling to discuss civilly or back up his claims without making hollow, hyperbolic comments, do you really think sarcastic quips about two unrelated subjects is a good idea?

This is something most media utilizes, showing strength via size. I guess you’ve never seen the Hulk.

3 Likes

I feel as if the Toa are being portrayed as more deity-like here, not just to be taller.

In most mythology, deities are shown to be much taller than normal humans. This can apply to the Toa themselves. Plus, it makes sense to have the Toa be normal and matoran be shorter. It would distinguish the Toa from the normal villagers, for kids to understand it better.

OK. Take it like this: most super-heroes become buff and stuff when getting their powers right? Well, what if the Toa being more tall is like this? After all, the only reason heroes are portrayed as buff and tall is to show their strength and importance. Why not have this for the Toa?

2 Likes

Most? Key not true, but then again, what does it matter pointing the other aspects if you are just going to pull up the stuff that favours your side of the argument.

If you call that civil.

Actually many people said they would work in This line, not just in story but in set form as well, and it has been talked about for a while now.

I mean… Isn’t that kinda how a civil debate works?

1 Like

Expectations

Reality:

You mean the stuff that supports my argument because I’m right? You mean that stuff? You mean facts? You mean how a usual discussion is carried out? You mean being properly informed on the subject matter before becoming a part of said discussion?

Is that what you mean?

3 Likes

What does that have to do with anything?

Oh you think you are right by ignoring other aspects that disprove your argument. Then again we all do this, so oh well.

You would be properly informed if you added in the information you didnt include in the discussion matter that can prove some of your statements wrong. This just makes you look half informed.

the only reason it works for you is because you are looking at it as a bionicle fan, but from a non bionicle fan’s point of view, it would not make as much sence as it does to you.

i think you guys really should ask non bionicle fans to see what they would think of it. For all you guys know, it might not work as well as you all had hoped.

1 Like

What other aspects? Such as what? You haven’t made any statements, and ignored me confronting you on your “problematic” claim.

What other information? About what?

We’re looking at a BIONICLE fan project from the perspective of BIONICLE fans. If we weren’t, it’d just be another Ninjago.

2 Likes