Should the Toa and Matoran be the same height? [POLL]

What is the difference and why is it relevant to this discussion.

1 Like

So they are biological mashine amalgums, not robots. Robots only have machinery, not organics as well.

Robots are not cyborgs. They are two different things.

And in terms of his point, what difference does it make

3 Likes

Evidently you don’t get the idea. I’m saying that the robot-like bio-mechanical beings are what help make BIONICLE what it is.

And I agree with Var, what does the specific name they are have to do with the discussion about leg sizes?

1 Like

Yes it made more sense back then when the setting was different…but does it make sense now?

I’m waiting.

5 Likes

It can. All the Matoran are the same height, when six select Matoran are given power from the elemental gods, they grow larger and more powerful. This is represented in set form with the Toa being regular minifigs and the Matoran being smaller. Boom.

1 Like

Now you’re just going off topic to avoid the original question, which I am more than willing to remind you of:

Why are shorter Matoran a bad idea, especially in G3 lore?

1 Like

When did you ask me that, I havent seen you ask me anything like that at all. Plus I already answered it before to someone else, scroll up.

Plus I was refering to the story aspect having a reason for it in G1 (the shortness) but will it in this new line…thats not off topic.

I didn’t. But Eljay is eagerly waiting for your response.

3 Likes

Yes, true. But Ninjago had plenty of swarm villains. This G3 will only have 6 total per wave (I think). You got to fill in those extra gaps somehow, so you’d fill them in with villagers (who would probably be in dire need of saving, like in a cage or something). You wouldn’t have that many extra, though, so I do see your point.

So do I, I even drew I picture in another topic, though that’s beside the point. I’d figure these “energy toa” would be included in some sort of power gimmick, like Ninjago’s spinners or chima’s speedzorz, rather than an actual set.

This is true, though I would still think regular minifigs are valued more highly by the Lego community than shorter ones.

One other point, however, in defense of long-legged minifigures are that those legs have prints. Short legs have not had prints Except for one small exception- Bart Simpson has a slingshot printed on the back of his short legs (which doesn’t even matter when it comes to bionicle G3, 'cause not even regular mini-figs have back leg printing).

This brings of the issue of uniformity throughout: in essence, if you have a very detailed body, arms, and mask, would it not look very strange to receive little to no detailing on the legs? You could cover them up with a skirt piece, but not for every mini-fig.

I’m, honestly, really interested on our response to this last one, since you drew the toa and all.

Just saw this now.

What I think @TeslaEffect meant was that, in battle packs most specifically, lego never really sells the main hero or villain, there.
You could do some sort of swarm enemies rahi matoran-cult thing for the villains…
But the heroes would have to be matoran/turaga. AKA, all small legged characters. I don’t think a lot of people would like that.

1 Like

Are we still at Function over story telling…

Cheesus Guys…

I don’t even care anymore…

The matoran is gonna be like inactive year 1… and we could upgrade the matorans in year 2 for some reason…

Into tall legged guys so you guys does not lose out on mobillity.
They were short but now they are tall.

Meaning all the sets we get are short matorans year 1… and we get them with poseble legs year 2.

As an alternative…

This really is locked into a dead lock…

I am gonna draw matorens into being shorter than toa but not enough to get shorter legs…

There was a rare rocket racoon figure from a poly bag that had side printing and feet printed onto the short legs. Something similar could be done if the matoran here used short legs.

1 Like

All (One tribe here) matorens is smaller than the others?

We need the shorties, simply because I’m biased and want everything to be like mnog

all jokes aside, I really do believe matoran should be shorter, kids would relate to these characters, and they would see the toa as the “grown-up” characters giving them more impact as powerful figures, or at least thats what I imagine, and plus I wanna see Jaller do something competent and surprise everyone (If he was tall this couldn’t happen).

And I would really like a matoran CMF series, just imagine getting a little dude with a spear or a welding mask or something, that would be great, and would let us collect the chronicler’s company.

Or even imagine a fire matoran battle pack with what would effectively be the Ta-Koro guard?

Just food for thought. Wait… do matoran even eat?

Edit: Another thing, are we getting Toa Nuva?

1 Like

They probaly find that year 2.

That is what I gather form the podcasts…

You can still achieve that with Matoran being normal size to the Toa, have the characters like Jaller be kids and be inspired by the Toa, who later grow up (like LeLyoid and the kids in Nexo Knights). If they were all short you wouldnt even see the difference between elders or kids since all of them are the same size…even in G1 you had a height difference between its elders and younglings…granted G1 didnt have aging characters, but G2 did and there were height differences.

I don’t particularly want Jaller to be a child, but I see what you’re saying

This implies that they at least start off with short legs. :joy:

2 Likes

I see what you’re saying, but the same problem would be there if all matoran were tall as well. The difference between elders and kids could be shown by prints with the elders looking more aged, and possibly even rusty, while the younger matoran have innocent and childish faces with newly painted armor.

2 Likes