Should the Toa and Matoran be the same height? [POLL]

you could also have the elders have masks that are based on the Turaga’s Masks, like Vakama’s Noble Kanohi Huna which would give the impression of the character having a beard:

the way to explain why they have different masks could be because they are based on the protector line in a way, were in the masks are passed down from the prior elder to the next one who shall lead.

The masks would definitely work too, they just need to be visually distinct like the huna, as you said.

Are there even gonna be turaga in Brickonicle? If there is I must have missed it.

I don’t think it’s even been brought up yet.

“MNOG was a mistake” Why why why why why [quote=“Eljay, post:143, topic:35702”]
All in all, Matoran have always been weak. And in a general sense, yes, they are mostly defenseless.
[/quote]

“Oh no” said the matoran “I am weak useless and only there to be like a damsel in distress if there is no point in me why isn’t the toas goal to save each other rather then tiny little incy me I am usless and unnecesary to the plot I cannot save myself, Oh no it is ant ant rahi RRUUUUNN!”

1 Like

I’ve always compared Matoran to children, in where they’re not afraid of every single thing, but also can’t defend themselves against attackers too well (if anyone says Home Alone I freaking swear).

And like, without Matoran, there’d be no one for the Toa to save, so Matoran are very important to the plot.

2 Likes

You seem to forget that Matoran usually are defenseless against their threats. Most of Le-Koro fell under Krana control. The Boxors could only do so much. In the end, it was the Toa who stopped the Bohrok while the Matoran tried their hardest, and nearly failed, to defend themselves against them.

2 Likes

I don’t think there are going to be turaga, but I do know that each region will have its own government. I’m just calling them turaga because we don’t know the exact systems of government, yet.

I second this, however I think what he is trying to say that the matoran shouldn’t be completely helpless, so that they could have survived the rahi.

1 Like

Show me an example of one Matoran completely (I mean completely, not temporarily like Dalu did) a main villain for the rest of the story. If they became a Toa, they don’t count. I’ll be waiting.

And I don’t mean to say there isn’t. I may have legitimately forgotten, so I am asking you to show me an example based on those parameters.

1 Like

the problem with this is that what your saying then is that even if the matorans came to the Toas aid, the Matorans would still be too weak to actually help them and instead would be more like the helpless old lady trying to take on the dangerous super villain who then captures her and use her as a hostage to force the heroes to give up.

thats one of the problems with the argument that the matorans have to be weak and helpless, because when the time comes were in you want to show of the matorans being able to do anything to help the heroes, it ither will just have to end up with the matorans failing hard and thus looking like the jokes they would be at that point, or people would just not find it unbelivable that these small and increadibly weak and useless characters some how would be able to help save the day.

it really feels like the main argument that is used here is that if the matorans show any and i do mean any form of strenght, then people would for some reason start to question why they need the Toa to protect them.

1 Like

The matoran don’t have to be completely weak and useless, just weak enough to where they would need the toa. We’re not saying that the matoran shouldn’t be able to do much or that they should be completely defenseless, we’re saying that they can’t be so self sufficient that they wouldn’t need the toa in tough situations. People aren’t defenseless and useless, but in superhero movies people can’t do much to stop many villains, and thus rely on the superheroes. I imagine something similar here.

1 Like

I think that this debate on leg sizes has created a whole new debate that should probably be brought up on the podcast.

What use will Matoran be in G3? Will they be more helpful than the Mata Nui Matoran in G1? Will some have more protector-like roles, like in G2? Will they remain frozen in time, or if that story idea is being thrown out like it looks like it is, then what is the major danger facing the Matoran (besides the Rahkshi), and how did they react to the threat before the Toa arrive?

These questions are probably very important, as it seems everyone has a slightly different idea on what role the Matoran should play.

3 Likes

That isn’t what I’m saying. What I’m saying is that they need to be weak enough so they have use for the Toa.

If they can handle the baddies on their own with no assistance, there’s no use for the Toa, and thus you fail to keep one of the key aspects of Bionicle.

1 Like

hey i just rememberd something, was there not talk at one point about the Matorans being in conflict with one another? Maybe that could be the reason they are not helping the toa fight the Rahkshi, they are to busy fighting amongs themself and as an added story detail the rahkshi could be the ones who started this conflict in the first place.

Ither that or they just don’t belive that the Rahkshi exist when the Toa tells them about them and instead are fighting amongs themself and a horde of highly agressive Rahi. Now you may ask why they wanted the toa then if they don’t belive in the Rahkshi, well again they have the problems of the other matoran tribes trying to fight one another plus being attacked by more agressive rahi, so there would be a need for them, its just that they would not know of the true cause of their problems.

3 Likes

Interesting ideas

Here’s a random thought:

If BIonicle G3 was an actual system Lego theme that was adored and cherished, and got a chance to be feature in The Lego Blank Movie, do you know what would happen if all the villagers had short legs?

It would make them all look really weird just hopping around.

Which reminds me, Robin in The Lego Batman Movie is a great example of a younger character who definitely acts like a child, but is portrayed with regular mini-fig legs.

1 Like

Yes, but Robin has pretty much always been given that design because he comes from a 3rd party IP that 99.9% of consumers will be able to tell who is who and what age they are.

2 Likes

I highly doubt lego would do a bionicle movie, and if they did hopping around would add comedy relief, and comedy is heavily focused on in these Lego movies.

And to add on to that, with all the parodying of the restrictions Lego minifigures have, they would definitely make fun of the lack of moving capability.

1 Like