Should the Toa and Matoran be the same height? [POLL]

It depends on the amount of detail and differentiation you want in the Matoran.
If you want all the Matoran to be generic, it’s fine for them to all be the same height, but if you want detail, which I would prefer, they should be shorter, to differentiate themselves from the Toa.
Granted, I would prefer they were shorter either way.

I think having them be the same height would be the most practical. Having them be different heights would only be there as a homage to the older generations.

2 Likes

Exactly! In previous generations, they were smaller because it was constraction, and smaller sets were needed.

2 Likes

The difference here is that the matoran are almost helpless. It’s not like in super hero movies where the people can take care of most of the issues, as long as it’s not too intense (for example a super villain). From my understanding, the matoran need the toa for their safety and survival. As said in the last podcast, they need someone to look up to physically and metaphorically.

1 Like

I think the same because they are the same race and I have never known why the matoran look like babies compared to the toa plus it is not the same bionicle, Maybe in this brickonicle there could be things like vehicles I also think maybe more different foes I have always wondered what kulta and umaraks pasts were, I like to imagine a young kulta as a supporter of makuta. But overall I think matoran should be to look like a similar race to toa however turaga should be short, Maybe we could have a turaga in a wheelchair or with the new crutches piece or a walking stick, I think the sets could have heads with faces similar to those off of the kre-o transformers transformer minifigurs with mask pieces

Well sure the toa are the same species as the matoran in this generation, however the toa in this generation are chosen by the Gods, and most likely given physical enhancements of sorts. Think of umarack in g2. He was the size of a toa, but after bearing the mask of control, he became larger. I imagine something similar with the toa, as they could also become more agile and powerful with a larger size.

1 Like

but I do not like the feeling of matoran being tiny g3, as people have said the matoran are not helpless, I believe the matoran are more like humans and also why should the matoran look like children, the matoran are not weak like humans are not weak, plus there should be baby matoran and child matoran using short legs

1 Like

Why not make the matoran normal mini fig height, and have the toa use the extra long Woody legs?

Those woody legs are pretty awkward looking, but also since there are already awesome looking “official” concepts for the toa, I think changing them would not make much sense.

2 Likes

i think that should only be used on tahu and kopaka as them and onua were the tallest in G2 since onua is extra tall with the axel upgrade I think Tahu and Kopaka should have woody legs and arms although in reality I do not think onua should be tall I think he should be more down to earth :laughing:

Firstly, the new limbs would only add more opportunity for further detail. It’s also the only the only way I can think of to make the toa taller than the matoran and have them both have movable hips.

I think if you guys saw the toa with the woody limbs you’d be disappointed. I can’t imagine them looking good with such long awkward limbs, especially with a lack of armor.

2 Likes

hmmm maybe one of those old knight pieces would do the trick

Hmm interesting idea but I doubt it would add enough bulk to accommodate the long limbs. But maybe.

maybe we could make tahu fat? not supposed to be taken seriously

I would just say give the matoran smaller custom legs to if we were to give them smaller legs

1 Like

I am 100% for shorter Matoran, I feel it was a large part of the charm and appeal for them overall IMO. And of course, it makes the Toa seem all the more special, which is also one of the biggest factors for why they need to be smaller. Don’t make the Toa bigger, woody style. Just make the Matoran small.

People make way too much of a deal out of the lack of articulation in the small legs anyway, sure it’s annoying, but you don’t need to wreak a big part of BIONICLE’s power hierarchy over some legs.

6 Likes

I’ve always pictured the Matoran as a hobbit-esque race, while the Toa I’ve always seen as proud Elven warriors.

There was just something about the drastic change in form whenever a Matoran became a Toa that I liked. It symbolized being chosen from a crowd, and literally rising above them so you could protect them. The Toa always seemed like they were larger than life, since they were revered as legends in 2001. Their height was like a literal representation of that.

@pohatuisawesome Size has little to do with whether someone can be a fearsome warrior. Look at dwarves in Tolkien’s books. They’re very proud warriors that can be just as skilled as men and Elves. I think it’s unique to have a race in BIONICLE that can be small but strong all the same. It really adds a unique layer to it. Let’s not forget that the Matoran fought the rahi off while the Toa faced Makuta in 2001, and that They also had a big part in holding off the Bohrok.

3 Likes

I feel like a height difference isn’t necessary to convey a difference in power. Kids should be able to tell who the heroes are. They will have crazy weapons, detailed printing, tribal markings, and will be depicted on the box art using elemental powers. The tribal markings could be the Bionicle equivalent of superhero costumes, and the more detailed printing would be like showing that the toa are ripped, like superheroes.

1 Like

What if the Toa used the Woody legs.