Shovel Knight

Plague of Shadows is, for me, at times more difficult than the Shovel Knight game proper. How come the levels are so hard but the boss battles are a breeze?

1 Like

because plague knight’s platforming abilities suck

I was stuck on propeller knight for a long time. It was mostly the fact that you couldn’t pogo him, he blocks frontal attacks, and moves in quick lunges.

Who’s Hyped?

1 Like

Edited Title to DLC name - Distraxx

I thought Plague of Shadows was pretty good, so I’ll probably be playing this.

Ive only ever played the first shovel knight, and not much of it. But if its as good as the first one, it should be pretty fun.

I reckon this will be equally good, Maybe even better then Plague of shadows, I’m a little Bias since Specter Knight is my favorite, but it hasn’t come out yet so we’ll have to what and see.

Oh they’re making another one?

I still need to play the first one.

1 Like

Same.

Regardless, this looks great!

I think it’ll be a lot more fun than Plague of Shadows. Specter Knight’s gameplay seems more in touch with the overall level design, and some aspects seem to be changed anyways. Pretty hyped.

Also, is this topic really necessary? We already have a Shovel Knight topic after all.

OG Shovel Knight was really good.

Plague of Shadows was even better.

Can’t wait to play as edge Specter Knight.

2 Likes

Well technically no. Specter of Torment is a free DLC to Shovel Knight, along the same lines as Plague of Shadows. If it’s anything like the previous DLC, Specter of Torment will be rather interesting.

I agree. I’ll move those posts over.

…Aaand now we’re in the main topic. Sorry for the confusion, people reading the Shovel Knight topic!

1 Like

Do we have a release date for Specter of Torment?

this spring, I can’t remember the exact date if they announced it

This is my 2nd favorite Kickstarter game ever, if not tied for first. I wanna play it so bad. Anybody know if its available on Steam?

Also, here’s an idea. What if Shovel Knight named Pick Knight, and Shield Knight had a sister named Buckler Knight?

It is.

How mush is it?

$14.99

1 Like

I’ve seen the amiibo go for higher prices. I was originally going to get Undertale, but now that I know I can get this for just five more bucks! Undertale may have amazing characters and a creative fighting system, but Shovel Knight has butt mode! Also, what’s the plague of shadows, treasure trove, and specter of torment? I’ve heard the names a lot, but I don’t actually know what they are.

They are DLC for Shovel Knight. Essentially they’re the same game, but played with Plague Knight, King Knight, and Specter Knight respectively. They each have differing moves to Shovel Knight, and have slightly varying plots. They’re also a bit harder than the main game.