Silver Rahkshi Of Chain Lightning (Revamp)

i really like this MOC, but i do think that a bit more trans blue to break up all the silver would but the icing on the cake

Looks pretty cool. however I think the legs are a bit short, the torso armor looks plain, and the arms…look bad. Just a few gripes on an otherwise great MOC.

1 Like

As I mentioned earlier, they’re very similar to the original legs. What pieces could I use to improve them?

You think so? I thought it’s simplicity helped. What do you think I should add? =)

Yeah, they aren’t the greatest. Though I was really limited by that darn shoulder piece. Whenever I make a complete rebuild of the set, I’ll be sure to change the arms up. :smiley: Thanks for the critique!

Indeed it would. I’ll get on that.

Thanks man! :smiley:

Friction adders and the like, also maybe making that bone piece longer.

2 Likes

Alright. I’m about to take apart my 2015 Toa, so I’ll see what I can do with those parts.

@legomaster1378 awesome moc! i really like this rahkshi it looks awesome! im just curious if i could see the way it looks with this piece for the torso

also I’d like to point out how cool it is that his eyes are blue instead of the neon orange/red that the rahkshis usually have, it works really well with his color scheme

1 Like

Well, I tried using the BA torso and I’m not a huge fan. The pin holes and rods really bug me. :confused:

makes total sense, great moc nonetheless!

1 Like

The chestplate looks…odd…to me.

The thin torso has always been a defining Rahkshi trait to me.

1 Like

I can understand that. Personally, I’ve always found their super wide shoulders and super thing torsos to be slightly disconcerting. The CCBS torso was added to try to smooth out the transition and to give him more of a serpentine aesthetic.

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

I understand the idea, it just looks off to me just considering what this MOC represents.

Other than that, I do quite like it!

1 Like

Thanks! Though this guy was more of a table-scrap. I’ll try to redo him using more CCBS in the future and I’ll mess around with different torso designs.

1 Like

That’s a really cool moc although the main chest plate doesn’t really work with it because its so smooth if you had the peices maybe add some more texture to that area.

Otherwise great moc you don’t see to many racshi mocs

3 Likes

I’ll definitely be looking into revamping him at some point. Hopefully CCBS arms and legs will help even out the aesthetic.

This is super cool! A very different take than my Rahkshi revamp, which focused on making them large and intimidating while trying to maintain a familiar silhouette. I… kinda succeeded. You on the other hand, did a very good job mimicking the MoL version of the Rahkshi. I like it a lot, but I do have issues with it. Basically all of my issues have already been stated, including the CCBS chest armor not meshing with the overall design. I don’t have too many gripes, so I’ll just say “Good job!” and leave the gripes to others.

2 Likes

Nice! Accurate colors and unique build that still looks like a rahkshi. A recomended name is Taknrahk.[quote=“legomaster1378, post:37, topic:16804”]
Nice! Accurate colors and unique build that still looks like a rahkshi. A recomended name is Taknrahk.

Thanks man! Does the name “Taknrahk” have any significance or was it just something you came up with? Also, how would you pronounce it?
[/quote]

Tak(anuva=light. N= make it not Takarahk. Pronounced Tak-en-rok. Though lightning= vo, Vorahk is a thing.

1 Like

Thanks man! Does the name “Taknrahk” have any significance or was it just something you came up with? Also, how would you pronounce it?

1 Like

I would go with Voltarahk, just to throw in the word “volt” (and considering that’s also the root word of the Matoran prefix for lightning, Vo).

1 Like

I like the torso upgrade, the legs are ok, and I would suggest adding an elbow joint, maybe use a system based elbow. Overall though pretty good M.O.C.

Hmmm, interesting concept. However, Rahkshi staffs are so constricting that I’m not sure an added elbow joint would really make much of a difference. Good idea though; I might try to implement something like that with an eventual CCBS Rahkshi revamp.

2 Likes