Site Bugs: Rules and Guidelines

@TheEsquire @Willess12 @ToaVuhii, apparently it was due to unpaid servicing fees.

It must have been Eljay’s fault.

1 Like

I don’t know if this deserves its own topic, since its so minor, but I still feel the need to point it out.

So, this is a weird thing I noticed by accident. So, when someone likes one of your posts, it shows up in your notifications, right? Well, recently, I happened to be looking at one of my own posts (not actually looking at it, but it was on the page) when someone liked it. Less than a second later, they un-liked it. Then the post was liked again (I assume by the same person) all while I was on the page. It showed up in my notifications the first time it was liked, then disappeared when it was un-liked, but the second time, it didn’t show up at all (I checked, too). My notifications gave no indication it had been liked until someone else liked it later. I would have had no way of knowing until then if I hadn’t noticed it.

The whole liking system in general has always seemed glitchy to me, but this stood out. I don’t know if it had to do with me being on the page, or the whole like-unlike-relike thing.

2 Likes

Well, here is a thing, it isn’t bad, but sometimes the boards will display the wrong numbers for new and unread topics, it only happens occasionally and doesn’t really bother but I thought I’d let you know…

I don’t know if this counts as a bug or not, but whenever I’m using a mobile device in portrait, that little comment counter thing that allows you to skip to the top or bottom of a topic disapears

I have friend @MrsOrangeShirt who made an account (as an obvious parody of mine :angry:) and he cannot reply to any posts, the reply button is not there.

He emailed me this photo

1 Like

Not sure if this is the right place for this, or if it’s been discussed elsewhere, but all of the various Bionicle threads posts have transparent backgrounds for me and it’s like impossible to read anything. I pretty much exclusively use my phone though to go on the boards.

I was re-reading the FAQ page and:

When I scrolled down, the text went over the header. The FAQ is the only page I’ve seen this happen on. Here’s the link to make it easy: HugeDomains.com

I’m having an issue where I can’t go into certain PMs. I get a notification for a new message. I click the corresponding PM and nothing happens.

Most images aren’t loading for me, it might just be my browser but I hadn’t had this problem before.

I’m getting a glitch with the post # bar (don’t know what t call it, but it lets you go to a specific post, and shows you what post you’re on), where it almost completely blocks the reply button, and instead of making me type in a number to go to a post.

My stats are pretty buggy as of now, take a look at “posts read”

That can’t be right. How have I given out 1.1k likes if I haven’t even read that many posts? :stuck_out_tongue:

I know it used to be higher… Not the most important thing in the world right now, though.

That’s just in the past week/100 days/something like that.

While the like’s number is all time.

I think.

I’m not entirely sure.

~W12~

1 Like

Two issues:

1. You know how you can close ads by pressing the x in the corner? That x has been appearing everywhere for no reason on mobile. Sometimes it even lands on my profile pic on the top of the screen. It is very odd.

2. I can scroll past the lists of categories and topics and into a void that is probably about 3 screens long. This happens on both pc and mobile.

Yeah, tis happens to me occaisionally. It varies in length. A long dark blue nothingness (though I’m guessing if you have the new boards it would be light blue?)

~W12~

For me it is white.

Hey.

I’m a complete newbie here so there’s a bunch of stuff I don’t know. I would appreciate answers to a question if anyone has time.

I’ve been looking up articles and found that sometimes the pictures do not load. Often these articles are from 2016 or older. Is the age of an article (thread?) something that would affect whether photos would load, is it something else with the page, or does it mean there’s a problem on my end?

Thanks

That usually means that the pictures aren’t there anymore. When people post pictures to the boards directly from their computer files, it creates a pathway between the boards and that picture in their files. If they later delete that file, or move it to another folder/device, the boards wind up trying to show a file that’s no longer there.

So usually, it means whoever made the post deleted the picture from their files, or moved it.

A similar thing can happen to files hosted on the internet – for example, if I were to link to an image on BS01, and then BS01 took down the image, it would result in an unloaded image.

Ah ok. Thanks for letting me know!

I can’t access the voting for the Artakha contest - is that due to my status as a new member (only just joined today) or a bug?