Skillet

That’s a common misconception. My self-MOC wore the teal Miru way before I ever knew about TTV.

5 Likes

Monster’s one of my favorite skillet songs, along with Hero.

5 Likes

You mainstream scrub. /s

I like them both as well. However, I’m even more in love with Lucy, Falling Inside The Black, Looking For Angels and Freakshow.

1 Like

TFW you listened to most of three of their albums, knew all the choices, but still liked Monster.

1 Like

I just got my friend into skillet he like monster a lot too. (maybe I can get him to join these forums?)

1 Like

@Seto_Kaiba You lucky (censored) /s That’s really cool though, I wanted to get something signed when I saw them at Winter Jam but I didn’t have anything and the line was HUGE.

@Hawkflight Dude, git gud. Listen to all their albums. Granted Collide, Comatose, Awake, and Rise are the best but there are some good songs on Skillet (Debut album), Hey you, I Love Your Soul, Invincible, Alien Youth (Title track is pretty good). Ardent Worship has some OK stuff if you’re interested in worship music.

2 Likes

Does anyone else here love Dead Inside?

“Dead inside! My heart and soul flat-lines! Put your mouth on mine! And bring me back to life!”

@legomaster1378: Falling inside the Black is great! Do you like The Older I Get or Everything Goes Black?

1 Like

I always heard it as “My heart is open wide”. Derp.

Coincidentally, that’s twice now that I’ve misheard a “flat-line” verse. I originally heard “And then I heard you flat-line” from Not Gonna Die as “And then I heard you flood me”. Yeah… the lyrics in my head don’t seem to make much sense most of time… :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yes! Especially the last line of the bridge: “you remind me of a time, when I felt alive!”

I like the sound, but I still haven’t been able to pin down exactly what the song is about. Little help?

A slow song, but I really like it. All of their Deluxe songs are great IMO (funny how that works).

1 Like

I’ts about the lead singer (John Cooper) reconciling his relationship with his dad. Other songs such as Open Wounds also touched on the subject.

1 Like

Really? I kept on trying to see how it talked about a girl, since it obviously wasn’t about God.

Dang, being about his dad makes a lot of sense. Older I Get has always been a “so-so” song for me. Maybe now I’ll like it more. How about you?

Older I get was always that one that I never knew why I liked but I did.

2 Likes

I’m the same with Better Then Drugs. Maybe it’s the guitar riffs on that one…

I have to admit BTD had some good guitarwork (coming from my unsophisticated opinion).

1 Like

I love the guitars, violins and cello in Whispers In The Dark and Awake And Alive myself.

Have you ever heard the acoustic version of Comatose?

I own the acoustic versions of 6 songs because I own Comatose comes alive I have to say they sound pretty cool.

1 Like

Same here. Comatose’s acoustic doesn’t have a whole lot of energy to it, but man do I love those synthesizers/piano effects in the beginning. You understand what I’m trying to say?

I play the piano myself, and from what I’ve heard, Skillet has some of the best piano recordings I’ve ever heard.

2 Likes

Comatose Comes Alive awww yisss. I love the live version of My Obsession.

You guys listen to any of their older stuff?

1 Like

I had the fortune of obtaining invincible on disk.

Nice! I like some of the stuff on their debut album and Invincible is pretty good. Overall I like their newer stuff better, but every once in a while, I find myself going back to the old stuff.

Once I found the case for Collide at a goodwill store but someone had taken the disc out of it =|

1 Like