Skillet

I’ve been on the is topic before, but not sure if I got everything I wanted to say out.

I REALLY HATE Skillet!!!

Probably the worst band ever.

Skillet is nothing but radio rock garbage that constantly gets played to the point where my ears bleed.

The singer of the band, whoever his name is, is an awful singer. His voice is that of a twelve year old and he knows he is bad, that is why he has to distort his voice in every song the band puts out.

The drummer really hits with a sheer level of mediocrity. She is defenetly down there with Meg White, repeating the same beat over and over again, but instead of trying to learn new rhythms to try and contribute new ideas to the band, all she does is flail around in live performances, embarrassing herself.

The guitarist is the same old, same old that you hear with every lame radio rock band. His skills, just like the drummer, are super boring and repetitive.

As for the bassist, I have nothing to say because I can even hear them over the obnoxious singing and loud guitar.

The band as a whole only exists because they are constantly spoon fed to people who turn on the radio and hear Monster play and think it is good because it has a catchy beat, when in reality Skillet is not a good band, they never improve their music, they won’t fire that anoying singer, and the person who turned on the radio has zero taste in music and will not research other forms of music.

Skillet is like Walmart, it is mediocre, it is everywhere, and it is too big to get rid of.

You’re doing the opposite of preaching to the Choir. We (generally) have the opposite view of what you just voiced.

I really don’t know what you are trying to achieve.

5 Likes

While I understand that everyone has there own opinion, as @Xevins stated, “What are you trying to achieve here?” You’re not going to convince everyone to just stop liking something just because you don’t like it.

As the old saying goes, “If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it.”

And personally, I think Skillet is a great band. I think they might repeat of the same rhymes over again in different songs, but I like the beats they have, and the singing is, personally, really good to me!:slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Xevins and @JonBlueFire I am just stating why Skillet is a garbage band. It is my oppinion and I can say whatever I want no matter who thinks it’s mean. The Music board is oppinion based and I have every right to say what I want.

Alright then, say whatever you want. But don’t expect your posts to be liked much when you are trashing on what other people like. Do I like the Beatles? No! I think their music is awful and only made them popular because it was revolutionary compared to what else was available at that time. But I’m not going to go over to the Beatles topic and trash on them in front of everyone else.

Where I come from, that’s called showing your backside.

Hey, cool! I hate the Beatles too!

I also hate Skillet.

I also don’t care if people like my posts or not.

Do you truly mean “hate”? I think the word you should use in this scenario is “dislike”.

No, I hate them.

My opinion too.

We get that you have an opinion, just as everyone else does.
And we expect that you respect other peoples’ opinions as well, even if you don’t agree with them.
If you can’t do that, then you shouldn’t be on this topic.

2 Likes

I am aware of other’s opinions. I never attacked anyone for liking Skillet. I happen to hate Skillet and I can say whatever I want. You don’t have to get your feelings hurt just because someone has an opinion you don’t like.

It’s not that I feel hurt, I just don’t think that you are respecting the people who do like Skillet, or the band itself.

It’s like criticism: when constructive, it helps the person or group improve what they are trying to accomplish and, overall improve what they are doing. Negative criticism, (somethings that you say about the band) are just downright rude “hate” mail used to put others and what they like down.

Once, again, I respect your opinion that you dislike, or “hate,” Skillet, but you could be a little more positive about the things that you hate.
I’m sure it sounds weird, but at least try to focus on the things that the band does well, for example ,you never stated that you hated the lyrics or the message behind the song.

What I’m just trying to say is that you could be a little nice in you “hate” comments as there are some insecure people in this world who would be/ are hurt sometimes by the things people say. And you, my friend are no exception.

I’m not trying to tell you how to say your thoughts, I would just like to say please watch your tone in the future. Thank you for understanding.

4 Likes

That’s pretty close to a personal attack in my books. You’re saying that anyone who even listens to Skillet has zero taste in music (which is a very derogatory statement) and that they “are not willing to research other forms of music” (implying that people who listen to Skillet are ignorant and close-minded).

So, while you never directly attacked any specific person for their music tastes, you made baseless, blanket statements that are very likely to be interpreted negatively by most of the other users in this topic (IE: almost everyone who is ever going to read your post).

As we’ve established before, you’re always allowed to share your opinions. There’s nothing wrong with that per se. However, it becomes a problem when you are constantly sharing exclusively negative opinions. You’re allowed to say “I don’t like Skillet” but you don’t need to spend massive amounts of time and energy detailing every single thing you don’t like about them and then spend even more time hammering that opinion home. This kind of situation doesn’t at all lend itself to healthy, worthwhile discussion.

This is primarily a discussion Board, not an “everyone shout out their opinions” Board. There are plenty of other online (and offline) outlets for you to do just that. This is a place where we want to engage in safe, healthy, positive discussions about stuff we’re passionate about. I encourage you to find the topics where you can do that instead of hanging out in topics that foster negative thoughts and emotions. It isn’t healthy to be critical all the time.

In conclusion, if you’ve got a polarizing negative opinion, share it if you must. Then move on to more positive and constructive things

5 Likes

Negative criticism makes conversations more interesting.

I keep hearing people say I am closed minded for hating Skillet and thinking it is the worst band ever, yet the same people won’t accept other points of views.

P.S. I shared my negative reasons and left but ppl still wanted to talk XD

We accept your point of view (for you have emphasized it most indefinitely), we just want to make sure that no one goes off the deep end in emphasis with any matter.

Usually we people do so, it just leads to constant arguing and chaos, so we just want to avoid that.

P.S. The only thing I would say negative criticism does is hurt others’ feelings and make those same people dislike the one saying such comments. Constructive criticism is what helps others develop and enhance their skills.

While negative criticism may make a conversation more interesting it does so in a bad way.

I feel like this has gone far enough, though. It seemed it ended until you, AlexTwentyTwo, revived it. I feel as though you still want to talk and not others. I hope that didn’t come out too harsh or rash.:worried:

3 Likes

Skillet is one of my own personal favorites. I love the sound of a lot of their music along with the lyrics, whispers in the dark being one of if not my favorite.

3 Likes

Gotta agree on that one. The whole Comatose Album is my favorite of theirs.

1 Like

I feel like Comatose and Awake are Skillet’s best two albums, by far.
The more I listen to Unleashed, the less I like it. It just doesn’t feel right. I don’t know if it’s the electronics, or what.
Also, I never listen to Rise anymore. I tried turning it on a few weeks ago, and I couldn’t even get through the first song.
It’s funny how much your listening tastes can change in the span of just a few years. Skillet just seems to keep traveling in the opposite direction of what I want from them. Don’t get me wrong, they’re great people, but the music has changed so much over the years. I have found myself more and more often not listening to anything written after 2010 or so. It’s crazy, because I say I like punk rock, but I can’t stand stuff like Green Day. I just started listening to Queen a few weeks ago, which led to My Chemical Romance and a little Van Halen.
I honestly wish I had been born like ten years earlier, so I could see most of the bands I love, such as MCR, the All American Rejects, and Comatose-era Skillet in their prime.
Music as a whole really just isn’t in a place that I like at the moment.
The only artist that is producing content right now that I love is NF. All of the bands I listened to as a kid just don’t have the magic anymore.

2 Likes

Jen ledger is starting her own band, but still doing skillet… weird. Skillet is awesome.

@MataNuiNuva NF is my jam

2 Likes

Jen’s EP is dropping at midnight, no idea what timezone tho

1 Like

2 songs in, and I already think it’s better than the last two Skillet albums. I never thought I’d hear Comatose-level stuff again.
I hear Superchick, a little 1989 TS (not kidding I swear, listen to the beginning of “Warrior”), Comatose, and a little Rise. Those drums remind me of MCR.

1 Like