Skull Slice’n Dicer

Ever since I saw the awesome concept art in the BIONICLE Art Book, I’ve been meaning to make some MOCs based on it. This year, BZPower’s BBC 77 gave me a reason to do just that. Skull Slice’n Dicer is my entry to the BBC 77 contest on BZP, and I thought I’d share it here too. If I make it to BFVA, I’ll bring this guy so you can see it in person.

Inspiration:

I hope you enjoy!

38 Likes

Wow!
That’s really accurate to the concept art.
The only gripe I have is the shins compared to the thighs, and the lack of armor on the lower waist
But the top half is fantastic!

2 Likes

Thanks! I appreciate the constructive feedback. WRT the shins, I didn’t have any shell add-ons that emulated the concept art, so I decided to make custom shin armor.

1 Like

Well, props to you for doing that! It does look good! It’s just the difference in thickness that throws me off.
Other than that, you did a great job. :smiley:

1 Like

Looks really accurate!

1 Like

Nice job! I’m assuming a lot of the inaccuracies are down to not having the proper parts, like the lack of piston add-ons and the spikes not being the long rubber ones which might have fit better here.

But honestly, this is really close! Nice work!

2 Likes

Not bad, as others have pointed out, everything above the waist is perfect, below the waist may need some tweaking. I think the legs have the piston shell armour add on from the picture. Great job though you should be proud.

1 Like

Ooh, you nailed that look. The two things I have to say are that the shoulder armor is clearly supposed to be 2015 toa armor add on, but I can see why you chose the other, and and a tire might look good if it were slipped around the waist.

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah, I only had one piston add on in the right color, unfortunately. I’m pretty sure I have some rubber spikes somewhere, but I couldn’t find them/I don’t think I have them in red.

Thanks! The tire is an interesting idea, I hadn’t thought of that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I realize this is a double post, but it’s been a few months since Brickfair, so I wanted to add a few pictures and details.

Here is a picture of Skull Slice’n Dicer standing among the other contest entries.

At one point, DanielBrickSon’s “Peanut” fell over, so Zatth helped me set up this picture.

I was excited to talk to PrinceGalidor (Nick Vas) about Skull Slice’n Dicer as well as his work as a LEGO designer.

In the end, my entry received enough votes from the attendees to place third! The prize was a Lava Beast set.

3 Likes