Skull slicer $4 at Walmart

Last night while looking the Lego section, I decided to pick up a villain. The store site says it was listed for about $11, but rang up for $4. I do not know if this is just a local incident, or if it affects any other set, but I figured I would let the bargain hunters know about it so they can try it.

So much Jungle green… <3

14 Likes

I picked up another MMvSG a few months ago, and it was marked down to $21, but when it rang up, it came up as $10.

This walmart now only has Ikir.

rip BIONICLE.

7 Likes

Picked up protector of Stone yesterday at my local Lego store for $1.98. The total ended up being $2.16. That’s what I call a steal.

7 Likes

I’m going to try that next time.

#####is it worth making the topic?
http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/the-look-what-i-just-got-topic/3527

2 Likes

“Oh no, the 2015 sets are cheap, Bionicle is ending!”

Guys, the 2015 sets are retired. Of course you’re going to find them for cheap.

4 Likes

I bought a large quantity of buildable Commander Codys for $5 each at Walmart the other day.

4 Likes

This. Plus, Walmart seems to do this a lot, while other stores tend to keep sets at market value or slightly less. This doesn’t strike me as something to worry about.

Congrats on the haul, though! Maybe I should check out one of my local Walmarts!

I should check this out, this guy has four balljoints.

A few months ago, I bought this guy for $7, along with a $9 2015 Tahu, as well as POS for $5.

On the same day I bought the summer sets, I found Price Tags for Umarak and Pohatu for $5 and $4. I’m assuming the Pohatu was the 2015 variant, because my local Walmart never stocked the 2016 one, to my memory. Some of the shoppers at this store include really unmannerly people, as well as predictable patterns of items only being sold at extremely low prices. I would assume some of them can’t afford $20 on a toy, backed by the area of location.

The annoying thing is, I never got any because of those predictable patterns. The only evidence was those price tags. I swear, I was there the other day, and they had him and Tahu for $15, but then I come back, and every set is gone (except for the ones that weren’t on sale).

It’s sad that Walmart’s already clearing the 2016 sets. Seems rather impatient, like they want to make a quick dollar. It’s a slap in the face to very great designers, like John Ho, who spend lots of time designing these great sets.

I may see if I can get this deal, but I’ll probably have no luck. If I do though, I’ll have to borrow my uncle’s truck! :smile:

2 Likes

Maybe lego shouldn’t make such lame sets.

2 Likes

What da heck is with these prices in the US and why doesnt Europe follow the same thing?

2 Likes

You see, there is no Walmart near me. I have to got ~20 miles for Walmart so I don’t bother. I think I’ve gone there about 3 times in my life. TRU seems to never have deals as good as this. I kinda wish there was a better store to buy bonkles though. I’m sick of TRU

1 Like

Something similar happened at mine. My walmart had skull warrior at full price on the shelf. Rang it up and came up for like 6 dollars.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call Pohatu lame–Skull Warrior, maybe, but Pohatu’s pretty good…

3 Likes

Pohatu 2015? He isn’t lame. It’s actually quite a coincidence you bring that up. I would say that Pohatu 2015 is about on par with Skull Warrior. I mean, the Skull Villhns weren’t all that great but SW and SB were about on point as the two best, and then Pohatu is about the same.

3 Likes

This seems to be a running trend.

My local was trying to get rid of all the 2015 sets a few months ago to make room, and was selling Skull Scorpios, Slicers, and Bashers for $5.

2 Likes

<------------ me
/s

Anyway, Idon’t know howthe sets go on clearance as fast as they do were you guys live. When something doesn’t go on clearance it means it can only be selling good though, right? And anyway, my local stores still have every set form 2015 and '16 except for maybe a few Protectors. I really don’t know what to make of this.

4 Likes

Generally, yes. If a certain product is selling very well, stores will avoid putting it on clearance in order to get as much money as possible. However, there are some cases where popular products go on clearance in order to promote sales. In this case, I would simply attribute the decrease in price as an attempt to clear the shelves of old sets in order to stock new ones. Of course, they could simply pull the old sets and replace them with new ones, but putting them on clearance enables them to bring in some money, instead of simply being discarded.

Basically, take clearance sales with a grain of salt. The 2015 sets being sold at a decreased price shouldn’t be cause for worry. I’d be more concerned if, say, the 2016 Summer Wave went on clearance within a few weeks of its release, as that would indicate that they aren’t popular.

3 Likes