Skyrim!

In other words both options are terrible.

To be honest though the Thalmor are merely the ruling body of the larger Dominion. Without them you’d have a much better albeit not peaceful society.

It still wont make the Altmer any less than the single most racist group on the continent but we take what we can get.

1 Like

Yeah, but I’d like a little more insight lore-wise. I mean, pardon me for playing favorites, but the sixth ES game about the Marsh would make my year. I’d even take a book or two, just something not only meaty with information, but consistent, too.

Pretty much. I don’t even know how anyone would be able to take down the Aldmeri. Seems like there isn’t any hope unless someone else achieves CHIM.

Didn’t the Dragonborn help stop that by defeating Alduin?

1 Like

We don’t have that but the opening chapters of the first of the two novels that were made had a brief look at argonian life.

That’s a different sort.

Alduin would eat the world so the next world would come.

Thalmor would undo it’s creation to begin with.

Edited for Double Post.
~Chronicler

There’s a whole thing with the Dominion. Again, it’s the Dragonborn, there has to be something they could do against them.

2 Likes

How the heck are they supposed to do that? Also, wouldn’t that kill the Thalmor too?

2 Likes

Perhaps, but you have to remember: the last Dragonborn that built an Empire didn’t manage to do it because he was Dragonborn. Fun fact, he actually lost the ability to shout because he had his throat cut. The thing that made that Dragonborn special was the fact that he was a mantle to Shor/Lorkhan, and that he’d achieved CHIM.

They want to unmake the towers that hold creation together.

The reasoning they have is that before the world the ancestors of the High Elves (and everyone else but they don’t believe that) were gods but became mortal after the world was made.

So they hope to become gods again.

1 Like

Like the Covenant from Halo, basically. Godhood by total annihilation.

2 Likes

What’s the point of being gods if you have nothing to rule, then?

Also, what if they’re incorrect in their beliefs?

1 Like

Gods in TES can create brand new worlds within Oblivion or Aetherius,.[quote=“Chronicler, post:132, topic:415”]
Also, what if they’re incorrect in their beliefs?
[/quote]

A very possible theory.

Again, Covenant logic. “Your point of view is wrong, we are right. We will show you by doing this prophecy that may or may not be true, but we think it benefits us in some way 'cause we deserve better.”

1 Like

OK, that makes sense.

So basically if the entire world gets destroyed due to a faulty belief and they die too, their exploits would be for nothing? Nice?

2 Likes

That sums it up.

1 Like

Yeah… The Thalmor are dumb and need to be eradicated. Simple as that.

3 Likes

I mean, again, embodying Alavosk here, why go through the trouble? Tamriel is pretty as it is. I like this world, I don’t want some dragon eating it up to make a new one or dominions destroying it for their own reasons. I could walk through Skyrim alone without fast travel (which I am in my playthrough), I just appreciate it so much.

1 Like

The Altmer didn’t even want them or ask for them. They rose to power in the same way that the Nazi party did. They also use a lot of the same fascist tactics.

4 Likes

Wasn’t there a mod that had like fifteen different parts all about the Thalmor? It was like a mod that added new quests and locations and everything.

1 Like

Which is why I kill them whenever I see them going on a road. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes