Slime Says: Thank You

I don’t even know, but I was kicking around your Youtube channel…

2 Likes

wow, has it already been 100 days since I posted this? O_o

4 Likes

I guess time flies, just think, soon you can make another video, or not…

• clears throat *

Oh, never mind! I wasn’t there yet! Though I’d accept one anyway… :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sure where else to put this, so I’ll put this here.

It’s now August 4th again, and has been 4 years since I first joined this site. 4 years. That’s a crazy amount of time. Some of you guys have started and almost finished high school, which strikes me as insane. It feels like just yesterday that we were all hyping about G2, making memes, and generally having stupid fun. Heck it feels like G2 was just around, though it’s been 2 years since that ship sailed.

In 2015, I made a video shouting out people of the Boards to show my gratitude towards them and towards this community. I’m not going to do that again. Not because I feel any different, but because there are far too many of you that have made significant impacts on my life. This community has granted me so many friendships and relationships that I wouldn’t dare attempt to name them all for fear of forgetting someone important. However, I want to bring attention to the few people who I’ve become closest to in my years here.

@Waj. Fellow former moderator. Fellow Modularity member. Fellow friend. Waj and I have had many conversations about topics ranging from cartoons to art, DnD to Discord, Bionicle to BotW, and so much more. Waj is the guy I can talk about all the nerdy stuff I’m into and get super in-depth about it. He’s an incredibly nice guy, is stupendously good at editing, and gives me so much inspiration. I’m so sad that I didn’t get to meet him at Brickfair this year, but I swear it will happen soon.

@John_Smith. Another fellow former moderator, but John and I go waaaaay further back than that. I still remember the exact day that he joined the Boards, where I saw that this dude had a Doctor Who reference in his name and avatar and thought “this dude seems like a cool guy.” Since then John and I have become pretty good buds. Not only do we have neat conversations mostly about a certain classic sci-fi series I’ve yet to watch, we also have more serious talks as well. He’s someone I’ve always looked to for advice, someone I can trust to give me a straight answer. John is an incredible guy and I’m very glad he is my friend.

@OculusNuva. 4 years ago, some dudes formed a Minecraft server in order to build a scale replica of Metru Nui. Eventually some of those dudes formed a closer knit group of friends, and made a podcast. It was here that I first met “Axonn126”. Me and him had never really had much in the way of personal conversations with each other, but eventually we got to talking. We quickly learned that we not only had a lot in common in our personal lives, but only lived about an hour apart. We began to plan to meet IRL, but the first time we met was entirely unplanned. As I was getting ready to leave Brickfair NE 2015, we just happened to bump into each other, and had a short but amazed conversation. 3 years later, and he’s one of my best friends in the world, both online and off.

Oculus is so many things that I want to put into words, but can’t. I could say he’s kind, but that would be a vast understatement. I could say he’s funny, but that couldn’t possibly convey the joy I get from him sending me memes at random times of day. I could say he’s inspiring, but that wouldn’t begin to show how much he motivates me. In my (admittedly short) experience in life, I’ve noticed that it’s hard to find people who you can totally synchronize with, who you just instantly “get”. Oculus is the only person who fits that description. He is such a bright spot in my life, and I am immensely grateful to him for everything that he does.
also he does good photography

Were these Boards not a thing, I would have never met any of these people. I hope it encourages you all to continue to make friendships online, and beyond. You never know when it might blossom into something truly unique.

okay that’s it bye

19 Likes