So You're Making A Bionicle Movie...

The Metru movies should be made after the original trilogy instead of jumping directly to the Ignition trilogy, because, you see, they introduce a lot of new stuff that would make the Ignition trilogy impossible to make: Many rahi, the dark hunters, and lots of other stuff.

6 Likes

I donā€™t think I would do Post-credit scenes. I always cringe a bit when I see them outside of Marvel movies - thatā€™s their thing and it should stay that way IMO. When other movies try doing them it feels forced - especially if the movie fails and no sequel is made.

Whatever would be the post-credit scene, I think should be released once the next film is greenlit as the teaser/announcement trailer.

2 Likes

Post credit scenes have been a thing long before the MCU came out.[quote=ā€œOzkabot, post:43, topic:49716ā€]
especially if the movie fails and no sequel is made.
[/quote]

You could have the Post Credit scene only be available as part of the extended edition on DVD ā€¦ and not be shown in theatres. By the time the movie releases on DVD, you should have seen the movieā€™s performance and know whether you will be making a sequel or not.

3 Likes

I know Marvel didnā€™t start it, but they certainly made it their thing. Itā€™s synonymous with Marvel in our culture and when a film comes out with a PCS itā€™s seen as an attempt to cash in on the cinematic universe trend; which doesnā€™t have a history of going well and with likely damage the brand from the get go - or at the very least make the audience sigh ā€œā€¦ ugh, theyā€™re trying the marvel thing again.ā€

I donā€™t think itā€™s something Bionicle even needs anyway; the next film is always going to be Bionicle 2 / 3 / 4, the audience doesnā€™t need to be made aware of another character whoā€™ll be in their own standalone movie.

Having a little teaser scene in the extras section of the home video release / released online as a teaser trailer is fine, but tacked on the end of the movie just feels forced.

3 Likes

I think I know another popular franchise that decided to jump to prequel movies after a widely popular original trilogy, only to pick up the story again with a sequel trilogy years laterā€¦

7 Likes

Just google it man :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

From the casting ideas people have been pitching, Iā€™ve heard some good ideas. But I think Iā€™m gonna round out a full list, using the ideas from previous posts as well as my own. This is my cast for the 2001 storyline.

Tahu-Jason Momoa
Gali-Daisy Ridley
Kopaka-Keanu Reeves
Lewa-Zachary Levi
Onua-Benedict Cumberbatch
Pohatu-Chris Hemsworth
Takua-Tom Holland
Turaga Vakama-Jeremy Irons
Makuta Teridax-Andy Serkis
Jaller-Taron Egerton
Turaga Nokama-Julie Andrews
Turaga Onewa-Martin Freeman
Kongu-Jake Abel
Matoro-Dylan Oā€™Brien
Macku-Dakota Fanning
Hewkii-Josh Hutcherson
Onepu-IDK
Taipu-IDK
Hafu-IDK
Tamaru-IDK
Turaga Nuju-Frank Welker
Turaga Whenua-Michael Caine
Turaga Matau-Jake Johnson
Kapura-IDK
Kopeke-IDK
Hahli-Jennifer Lawrence

If any of you have ideas for the IDKā€™s, please post them. Iā€™ll get to cast listings for the rest of the years in due time.

4 Likes

For the 2002 storyline, thereā€™s really not much to be added. It has all the same characters, except for a few new ones. These are the ones Iā€™d need to add.

Nuparu-Dane Dehaan
Cahdok-T. J. Storm
Gahdok-Jason Liles

The same goes for 2003. Of course, Iā€™d have Tom Holland playing Takanuva as well as Takua, but thereā€™s really no speaking characters to be added. I mean, I seem to recollect that the Bohrok-Kal could talk, but Iā€™m going with the idea that the 2003-storyline movie would just be a big-budget version of Mask of Light.*

*Also, Iā€™m not too fond of the Bohrok-Kal in generalā€¦

To prevent spamming you with posts, hereā€™s my cast listings for the Metru Nui story arcs.

Vakama-Jeremy Irons
Nokama-Julie Andrews
Matau-Jake Johnson
Onewa-Martin Freeman
Whenua-Michael Caine
Nuju-Frank Welker
Lhikan-Ewan McGregor
Nidhiki-Tom Hiddleston
Krekka-John Cena
Turaga Dume-Mark Rylance
Ahkmou-Alexander Ludwig
Morbuzakh King Root-IDK

And 2005ā€¦

Roodaka-Scarlett Johansson
Sidorak-Ben Mendelsohn
Norik-Bryan Cranston
Iruini-Channing Tatum
Pouks-Robbie Coltrane
Bomonga-IDK
Kualas-IDK
Gaaki-IDK
Keetongu-Idris Elba
The Shadowed One-Ralph Fiennes

2 Likes

[shrugs] it was the best choice I could think of off the top of my head. I thought it made sense to have a wrestler play a big, brutish villain.

2 Likes

You might want to fix that double post my dude. Mods donā€™t take kindly to it around these parts :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Okay, hereā€™s my cast listings for the rest of the years.

Jaller-Taron Egerton
Matoro-Dylan Oā€™Brien
Nuparu-Dane DeHaan
Kongu-Jake Abel
Hahli-Jennifer Lawrence
Hewkii-Josh Hutcherson
Zaktan-Mark Wahlberg
Hakann-Adam Driver
Reidak-Ciaran Hinds
Vezok-Gary Oldman
Thok-Daniel Craig
Avak-Tyrese Gibson
Axonn-Simon Pegg
Brutaka-Michael Keaton
Vezon-Ryan Reynolds
Garan-Nicholas Hoult
Velika-IDK
Umbra-IDK

Matoro-Dylan Oā€™Brien
Hahli-Jennifer Lawrence
Jaller-Taron Egerton
Hewkii-Josh Hutcherson
Nuparu-Dane DeHaan
Kongu-Jake Abel
Pridak-Javier Bardem
Kalmah-Willem Dafoe
Takadox-Jared Leto
Mantax-Kevin Spacey
Ehlek-Orlando Bloom
Carapar-Alfred Molina
Maxilos-Andy Serkis
Dekar/Hydraxon-
Nocturn-Geoffrey Rush
Lesovikk-Bill Nighy
Defilak-Matthew Lewis

Toa Ignika-Chris Evans
Lewa-Zachary Levi
Tahu-Jason Momoa
Kopaka-Keanu Reeves
Gali-Daisy Ridley
Pohatu-Chris Hemsworth
Onua-Benedict Cumberbatch
Chirox-Jackie Earle Haley
Antroz-Joaquin Phoenix
Vamprah-Bill Skarsgard
Krika-Chiwetel Ejiofor
Gorast-Michelle Pfieffer
Bitil-Marwan Kenzari
Mutran-IDK
Icarax-IDK
Tanma-IDK
Solek-IDK
Photok-IDK
Radiak-IDK
Gavla-IDK
Kirop-IDK

Mata Nui-Tom Cruise
Ackar-Harrison Ford
Kiina-Tessa Thompson
Gresh-Sam Worthington
Metus-Tom Felton
Berix-Asher Angel
Tuma-Robert De Niro
Raanu-Bill Murray
Tarix-IDK
Straak-Tobey Maguire
Vastus-IDK
Stronius-Peter Dinklage

I guess I canā€™t really do 2010, because it would just be a round-up of the previous years. And no, I am NOT going to do 2015 or 2016.

3 Likes

Those seem like pretty good casting choices, though I feel like the amount of celebrities could be reduced a bit so the movie isnā€™t criticized for relying to much on celebrities. But some of them should definitely be kept, like for example, Michelle Pfieffer would be amazing as Gorast.

3 Likes

I always feel like these casting things are kind of silly, since they tend to rely on pre-existing talent out there, usually ultra-celebrities of some sort (like really? Bill Murray as Raanu? why?). Like, in some cases it makes sense. Sayā€¦ transformers, or something, where you already have multiple voice casts from the shows to choose from that you know would suit the role. A lot of the time, these things will bring in pretty new talent too, people nobodyā€™s ever heard of before. You need to remember for example that before the MCU, Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston were kinda nobodies. The fame needs to start somewhere, after all :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Sorryā€¦I was at a loss. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, I guess I agree with that. Unfortunately, I have no knowledge of lesser movie stars to catapult to higher fame.

2 Likes

how about this one https://board.ttvchannel.com/t/the-lego-bionicle-movie-fan-cast/68270

2 Likes

Ok, hereā€™s what my dream Bionicle movie would be like in 3 main sections:

1. Story & plot:, Unlike othersā€™ visions, My filmā€™s story would serve as an introduction to a proper G3 for older and newer fans alike. It would draw a lot of inspiration from the golden years of G1, but overall, it would be a hard reboot that would take notes from the flash-back years too. (In terms of sub-themes and message, though.) The main characters would be the 6 Toa (Mata), who got hybernated in a chamber deep underground when discovered by a small team of villagers in the first 20 or so minutes of the film who accidentally reawaken them. In the rest of the film, the Toa would face the harsh reality that theyā€™ve been in suspended animation for over 2000 years, and because of this, they have to relearn all the things they once knew.

2. Visuals & VFX: My film would be entirely Cgi based, but instead of the usual highly realistic and polished look, it would be more stylized and artistic in its art style. E.g., Instead of a typical modern Disney or Pixar animation style, it would be more like Spider-verse- Puss in Boots.

3. Production: I think the company that should make it is Universal with Dreamworks animation. Iā€™m not entirely sure about the voice cast, though I prefer to cast professional voice actors for the roles than A-list celebrities. Most that come to my mind like Tara Strong, Tom Kenny, Phil Lamar, David Kaye, Etc.

5 Likes

Have Bomonga voiced by the same guy who does Wreckerā€™s voice in The Bad Batch.

2 Likes

We could just have Dee Bradley Baker and Tom Kenny voice everyone

Iā€™m gonna add Tara Strong and Jim Cummings. There, thatā€™s Endgame-tier ensemble cast

6 Likes

No, PLEASE not like the new Puss In Boots. That animation was so badā€¦

2 Likes

what

how

8 Likes