Sokodas set concepts Minifigure design explanations and questions

This is very intresting. But is that a banana at the end of Gali’s weapon? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

@Sanokal , @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister , @ToaKhrazix for future vehicles I could try to make them look more steam-punk and hide the tires a bit, so they look more “Bionicle” or I could try to make them look even more like Rahi, which would fit with them being more a Brotherhood of Makuta thing. What do you think about these ideas

@ToaWeissPepsi108 Yeah its the banana piece at the time I buit Gali for my Naho Boat, I couldn’t find another piece with a similar shape.

4 Likes

this kinda work with my head-canon when it comes to the City of Lightning, as when that city was lost, all of the advanced technological tools and vehicles that were on the island eventually stoped working as they lacked a functional power source, so the Matorans of the current era have then dug up the old technology from the seventh city and thus tried to replicate it in more crude ways, like steam, oil or just rahi powerd. My idea for Brickonicle Nuparu, is one of the many matorans who are trying to replicate the wonders from that lost city.

1 Like

I personally don’t mind such vehicles, but I can understand any misgivings. I reckon we should get the cast’s input on this one; maybe ask Jon directly if the next Brainstorm doesn’t come to a conclusion.

They could be interesting, the main thing with me is that I don’t think every character should have their own personalized vehicle/mech that they fight it out with and that general purpose vehicles that you’d just expect to find in the world would work better.

I’m kinda torn. I think only vorahk and turahk should get their own vehicles. Turahk has always been the main rahkshi so his rather small nirahk paired with the defense towers work. Vorahk being the rahkshi of hunger just sounds evil. Kurahk though. I don’t know if he deserves it. Lerahk, Guurahk, and Kurahk all match their respective region well with the new rahi-like forms. And then panrahk. I recommend him as a lonely minifigure just like the previous 3 with the big parts of the set being matoran owned.

It took me so long to type this that I will FLIP if it disappears.

OK, everything is nice, but I still have one huge question, how you make the prints on the minifigures? How you put the Brickonicle Masks? I want to try too!

Hehe its a quite long process:
I use LDD to PoV Ray to render my Images, in this program you can add decals, that replace the decals in LDD. All my decals are self made and need to be PNG images and be squares in format.
The Masks are a whole other thing. I render my images without any masks and add after the image is done by image manipulation ( paint them on top of the image)
I hope this helps

1 Like

Yes, this helps, but I won’t use this process, at least not yet.

Dang it! I thought it will be easier!

Yeah it’s not very easy, but I think it looks cool

1 Like

love your concepts though i do have some ideas including maybe giving the fire rakshi the flama ghost tail and giving the earth rakshi the rougl’s lower half from nexo knights

Yeah those are cool ideas too. With my designs I tried to stick to the designs they mentioned on the podcast.

though actually I would rather Darth Maul’s legs for Vorhak

Yeah many people have said that, I think they look really cool, but they make the figure very tall

1 Like

oh yeah and would you pleez tell me how you painted the masks on?

just made some images and added them using image manipulation, there is not really a trick

ok thanks also would I need to get an app to do it?

My guess is that anything from Paint to Photoshop will do. You can try GIMP.

ok thanks

Yeah I mostly used gimp and paint.net