Sokoda's weekly builds

@Sokoda Great Work there! Very simple, yet charming build!
After you make ProfSrlojohn’s request, could you do a build based on the Xalax Racers?

3 Likes

I’d love to see you try Godzilla, if you’re up to it.

2 Likes

@LegoDavid @meepinater those are cool ideas, I’ll try to do. The Xalax Racers model could be quite challenging, because LDD doesn’t have some of those specialiced pieces they use, so I’ll have to get creative. So very cool ideas, but I probably won’t be able to do it anytime soon.
Here is the reason why:

This might be important for everyone interestet in this topic

I initially planned my weekly builds project to last for 2019. I’m having a lot of fun and I definitely have more ideas, but I’m still deciding if I can continue it in 2020. I’ll have to figure out if I’ll have the time for it next year.
If I will continue doing it there will probably be some changes, like switching my building/rendering program…
Some of you might know I always have a couple of weekly builds prepared in case I don’t have enough time in a week, or I’m working on another project. I just realized I now have one for every sunday for this year
(except the last one, but I have something special planned for that one I hope it works out)
If I’ll continue, I’d like these 2020 builds to be consistent with the new renders look…
That’s why I’ll use the ones I prepared first, so there will be a nice switch, and not one week the old look and the next one the new one.

This sadly means, I won’t be able to upload any more requests this year. And I’ll have to decide how the future looks for “Sokodas Weekly Builds”.

I hope you can understand my reasoning. In the case I can continue it, I will probably do some polls or something closer to 2020 about some of the changes I might do and what your thoughts about them are.

16 Likes

Cool beans. I’ll look forward to the new style. What program will you be using?

1 Like

So all of this is still a bit unsure, but probably Stud.io, it’s what I used for my ideas project I no can use printed pieces in it and I know how I have to edit the images that the colors look the way I want them to.

3 Likes

wait, then what were you using before?

I built in Lego Digital Designer but rendered in PoV-Ray. The colors that I got in my LDD-to-PoV-Ray renders are a lot more saturated, which I always liked more that the Stud.io renders. But I probably will switch to Stud.io, because it’s a lot easier to render and add prints. I’ll just have to ajust the saturation, contrast… in post.

1 Like

Cool. Just curious. Though, when you do the requests, will you do them in LDD, or stud.io?

the Nod logo plate in the same, sweet, sweet, render as the ideas project sounds wonderful

So this is all in case I can continue in 2020:
I would build them in Stud.io. The renders would be the same quality as my ideas project, but I don’t know if I could make as many prints for a weekly build. Making prints always takes a lot of time

I can give you the logo, with a blank, (not white) background, that is available for free.

I get what your saying though, to be honest, I could probably give you a better option than the Hand of Nod building. Like the Iconic Nod buggy, or Nod Attack Bike.

Though, it’s your call. You don’t even have to do any of them. It’s your time and effort.

EDIT: note, the image in the thumbnail for the attack bike is not accurate at all.

[SWB 47] Tyrant

LDD-file: [SWB 47] Tyrant

32 Likes

Ah, TSO’s only rival! Bang up job, my good man!

2 Likes

[SWB 48] Stealth Paradox Darkwarp Rocket
This model is a revamp of the Paradox Darkwarp Rocket from Lego Universe

LDD-file: [SWB 48] Stealth Paradox Darkwarp Rocket

26 Likes

I can’t tell you how many times I played through the free demo

Now I want to know!

1 Like

I played that demo to unhealthy amounts.

This build though, if the windscreen was orange, it would look like a vehicle for NOD in Command & Conquer 5! (If, C&C 5 existed anyway)

2 Likes

Too many…

1 Like

it looks like something straight out of tron, by which i mean it’s great

1 Like

[SWB 49] Pyro Snake

LDD-file: [SWB 49] Pyro Snake

24 Likes

[SWB 50] Mars Mission Explorer Mobile

LDD-file: [SWB 50] Mars Mission Explorer Mobile

28 Likes