Sokoda's weekly builds

Ooh… very nice.

Question, the tube on the back, alien storage, or mortar?

1 Like

Will you still make the Xalax MOC I suggested?
Great Mars Mission MOC by the way!

1 Like

That is a fantastic rover, captures the style while somehow being the best mars mission moc ever.

Edit: I also highly recommend switching to Stud.io, bit weird to get used to but I prefer it to LDD.

1 Like

it’s supposed to be an alien storage, but I couln’t fit in an alien in LDD

Yes I will, but as I said before, it won’t be uploaded before 2020

@Kardax Thank you and yeah I’ll switch to Stud.io for 2020 and I think I’ll get used to it. The Part Designer, Rendering and Instructions are really great, but it doesn’t have quite some pieces, especially minifigure accessories or helmets, but LDD is missing some newer pieces, so it balances out^^

2 Likes

yes

Finally someone who really appreciates Mars Mission, I’d to see more Mars mission MOCs

1 Like

Are you sure about that?

9 Likes

woah.

@Sokoda, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to make an over-the-top MM MOC. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, am I the only one whose realized how similar Command and Conquer and MM is?

2 Likes

@ProfSrlojohn @Toa_RadrixThank you, I’ll probably do another Mars Mission build one day, we’ll have to see, but Mars Mission has a really cool and unique style for the humans and aliens, so building MOCs for it is really fun

5 Likes

Some kind of… ultimate upgrade… hmm.

1 Like

I’m so nostalgic for Mars Mission too, despite never getting a single set

3 Likes

Ditto, thanks to Crystalien Conflict

4 Likes

I would highly recommend getting a few of the sets if you can. They are fantastic.

1 Like

It also has the best lego game: https://crystalien-redux.com

5 Likes

Yep. It got me hooked on RTS’s.

1 Like

Too bad that game (and all the other LEGO flash games) will vanish as soon as Adobe discontinues Flash… I really hope they get saved somehow.

Well, it’s not being discontinued, they’ve stopped supporting it. It won’t just “Go away”, browsers will simply stop including, or being compatible with the necessary plug-in. There ARE ways to get around it, it’s just not official from Adove.

3 Likes

[SWB 51] Makrin

LDD-file: [SWB 51] Makrin

21 Likes

That’s a fun little critter.

1 Like

Happy holidays everybody!

Now that we’re getting closer to the end of the year, I wanted to write a little bit about the future of “Sokodas weekly builds”.

Initially I planned this project to go on for all of 2019, but I had so much fun and I have a lot more ideas, I want to continue in 2020!
I’m still not sure if I’ll be able to do it, 2020 looks like it’s going to be a very busy year, but I will try!

There will be a couple of changes for SWB 2020:
I’ll switch my building- and render-program from LDD (and LDD to PoV-Ray) to bricklinks Stud.io.
This allows me to render much faster, and put decals on pieces I couldn’t before.
There are some disadvantages like some pieces missing, but I hope this will improve the builds and renders as well as my process overall.
This also means I won’t link the LDD files anymore, but the Stud.io-files (.io).

I also plan to change the way I do my backgrounds a bit, I think some of them were a bit distracting and I plan to go for a bit more simple backgrounds for 2020, you’ll see what I mean when the first couple of builds are released.

As of now I think I will continue the numbering, so the first build for 2020 will be [SWB 53] and I also plan to continue in this message boards topic.
Please tell me if you think a new topic would be better and why, I’m open to making a new one if you guys would want that.

I also plan to keep uploading my builds on sundays (depending on timezones, they might be uploaded on a saturday for you)

Thank you for reading this lenghty post. I hope you will enjoy the last 2019 build next sunday and many more builds to come in 2020.

I was also thinking about doing a voting on “the best weekly builds of 2019” and let people vote here and on Twitter.
I’d love to know which ones you liked the most, so if you think that’s a fun idea, just tell me which ones you liked best and I’ll pick four I see a lot for the poll (I think that’s the maximum for Twitter polls).

12 Likes

[SWB 52] 2019

LDD-file: [SWB 52] 2019

Yes that’s the one!
The final weekly build for 2019!
When I started this I wasn’t sure if I can do it for the whole year, but it all worked out in the end and it was so much fun!
Thank you to everyone here who sticked around with this topic, your comments and feedback always gave me new ideas, motivation and made this project as exciting as it was for me!
Thank you so much!

I also made a little recap or compilation type of video for everyone who wants an easy way to look at all the 2019 weekly builds here:

If anyone is still interested in nominating models for the “Top weekly builds of 2019” poll I’d like to do, please do, just tell me which models you liked and I’ll pick four I see a lot for the poll

I’ve done some work for the first 2020 weekly builds, and I hope there will be a lot of fun models in the future, I’m really excited!

23 Likes