Sokoda's weekly builds

These are great. Now I really want to see a bohrok

2 Likes

Well, the heads leave a bit to be desired, but the bodies are really good! I like how you were able to catch such fine details so simply.

Excellent work!

2 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

@BioKnight thank you! Oh the Bohrokā€¦ Iā€™ve tried before, but getting them to roll up in a small scale is pretty hard. I might try again, but Iā€™m not sure if I can pull it of.
They are one of those builds I tried a couple of times, but never liked my results.

@Ghid. Iā€™m happy you like them overall. What about the head donā€™t you like? Is it not very close to the original. I took some liberties in that part, so I can understand that.

@SonicBionicleMaster thank you

4 Likes

I love the way they look! Could you maybe try doing the 2001 Rahi next? If you managed to make the Bahrag so great, I am pretty sure the 2001 Rahi could turn out equally as great, since they are pretty similar in terms of build and style.

Still have some more Bionicle requests to do, so it will be quite a while, but I planned on doing some of them one day anyway

2 Likes

[SWB 64] Ghost Dragon

Stud.io-file: [SWB 64] Ghost Dragon

30 Likes

[SWB 65] Tundra Tracker

This weekly build was requested by @GearBrix!

I also tried to give it a transformation similar to the original:

Stud.io-file: [SWB 65] Tundra Tracker

34 Likes

Amazing! I loved Alpha Team back in the day, and this is a fantastic revamp of an iconic set! :slight_smile: I love how you incorporated the function, too!

1 Like

Wow, it looks amazing! I was thinking closer to a Tiny Turbo style, but this works too. Thank you, Sokoda!

1 Like

Why didnā€™t I see this ping

The top jaws are too thick with too little exposed teeth. The original had very exposed teeth and emphasis on the snout; these lookā€¦ Wrong. It would probably help if you replaced the piece making up the cheek with a 2x2 corner plate instead.

Holy crap thatā€™s fantastic.

@Daler99 yeah getting the function in there was the tricky part. But I like how it worked out with the ball-joints

@GearBrix Hmm a Tiny Turbo version would be cool too. And Iā€™m happy you like it

@Ghid I tried it with the 2x2 corner plate, I personally like my version more, but I guess thatā€™s just preference

@Zero Thanks

2 Likes

[SWB 66] Execute the Orderā€¦

I just had to do it :sunglasses:

Stud.io-file: [SWB 66] Execute the Orderā€¦

28 Likes

These only continue to improve.

2 Likes

Could you try to rebuild the toa mata like in this picture (or the bohrok if you prefer)?

13 Likes

@darkbrick999 thank you so much

@TheWrong1sout
Would you want me to build them as statues or their normal versions?
Iā€™m not sure how interesting the other Mata would be, they would all be very similar (except for Pohatu).
As I mentioned before, I tried a Bohrok before, but it didnā€™t work out. But I might try again one day

1 Like

Their normal version : )

I have done Lewas original version back then, I should still have the LDD file somewhere. I donā€™t know yet if doing all the Mata in that style is something for my weekly build, might be above my part maximum I set for myself, but Iā€™ll look into it.

1 Like

[SWB 67] Enemy in sight

Finally another one of my original builds. This one wa originally planned for 2019, but some things just didnā€™t work out for me. So Iā€™m happy I could figure it all out now!

Stud.io-file: [SWB 67] Enemy in sight

24 Likes