Sokoda's weekly builds

[SWB 68] Minifigure Ussanui

This weekly build was indirectly a request. I was asked to build something Takanuva related. So I thought what is more Takanuva related then the Ussanui.

All the pieces in the Ussanui itself exist in these colors.

Stud.io-file: [SWB 68] Minifigure Ussanui

41 Likes

This has got be one of my favorite builds of yours yet. Awesome job.

1 Like

This is really cool!
I agree with Mocingbird, this is probably one of my favorites so far.

1 Like

Wack, this should have been used in the Ideas set. Really nice for such a small build!

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever seen any lego build where the brick seams are meant to look like pencil scratches. Was that on purpose?

2 Likes

@TheMOCingbird, @meepinater Thank you! Happy to hear it.

@Trande Yeah that was on purpose. I tried to amulate the comics style that way. That’s also why i edited the render in that way, so they are more visable.

3 Likes

You are amazing! Just today i entered my bricklink and found out that all the sets i wanted to buy have already been sold, included Takanuva and the ussanui…but you inspired me in trying some crazy mocing during the quarantine : )

2 Likes

Thanks so much. I love hearing stories like that and I feel honored that I could inspire you. Would love to see your MOCs, have you posted them somewhere?

No and actually i didn’t do much due to online classes, but my self-moc is almost complete and i’m quite sure i’ll do a takanuva moc ( i am having so much fun 'cause i myself am pretty slim and my shoulders are pretty low while my moc has a custom av-matoran torso like photok’s)

1 Like

[SWB 69] Sonic Phantom Revamp

All the pieces exist in these colors!

Stud.io-file: [SWB 69] Sonic Phantom Revamp

32 Likes

[SWB 70] Wandering the Never-Realm

Stud.io-file: [SWB 70] Wandering the Never-Realm

35 Likes

love the background and that it’s accurate and to scale to the show (which still can’t properly scale lego sets for some reason), but it’s looking a bit large around the sides? could be narrower

1 Like

funny you say that. i actually made it a bit wider on purpose, because I thought otherwise the legs would be to wide in proportion

1 Like

[SWB 71] Kakkran Daggerstar Swoop Racer

The back can be opened to reveal the additional engine like in the game!

Stud.io-file: [SWB 71] Kakkran Daggerstar Swoop Racer

30 Likes

For some reason I appreciate this a lot more as a MOC than I do in-game. :stuck_out_tongue:I love all of the shaping you have going on, especially around the engines there. Looks great!

2 Likes

[SWB 72] Possessed Fruit Stand

I built another Hidden side model and made a little GIF for the transformation:

Original Renders used for the GIF

Stud.io-file: [SWB 72] Possessed Fruit Stand

27 Likes

tis great as usual

2 Likes

Thank you

[SWB 73] Hapaka

I was asked on Twitter if I could do a revamp of this Bohrok Va combiner in my style

Stud.io-file: [SWB 73] Hapaka

31 Likes

That looks incredible! This just makes the original Hapaka lokk embarrasing. Could you do a miniature Oni Titan? (From Ninjago)

1 Like