Solo: A Star Wars Story discussion topic

That synopsis is trash, we all knew that stuff was going to happen.

2 Likes

I hear a rumor that the trailer drops next Monday. Hopefully this is true.

1 Like

WHY RON HOWARD WHY YOU TOLD US LAST MONDAY WHY

At this point I’m not believing any rumors. I’ll wait for an official LucasFilm announcement.

Did he explicitly say it would be out? I don’t remember him doing that, just that he thought it would be out. Directors and marketing teams don’t always share and get their info correct.

3 Likes

Yup, that’s probably it. I just looked up “Solo: A Star Wars Story trailer” and saw that half of the articles said Monday, and was naive enough to have believed it.

So is this movie just not happening?

2 Likes

That’s honestly how I feel. It’s like a friend tells you they want you to come over to watch a movie, and then they tell you dates, but then aren’t even home when you show up.

3 Likes

I’m suspecting the release date is going to get pushed back.

3 Likes

Seems like to me it has to happen at this point. If they don’t have a trailer ready to go with roughly three and two-thirds months until it’s supposed to come out, either they’re just waiting until the last minute, or they don’t have enough footage finished to put into a trailer, which is really bad. Pushing it to December wouldn’t be that bad a thing anyway, because I guarantee the majority of the public still thinks this film IS coming out in December. Only the more hard-core fans know it’s supposed to come out May 25th, and that’s because The Star Wars Show tells us that every chance they get. If they manage to get a trailer out soonish after the Super Bowl this weekend, there’s going to be a bunch of people going “wait, it’s coming out in MAY?!”.

I’m worried. Everything points to this ending in nothing but disaster, but then I remember Lawrence Kasdan wrote it, which will make it even worse if it is a disaster, but means it could still turn out great. I saw a thing the other day (couldn’t re-find the article) saying that they were doing reshoots LAST WEEK, when they already reshot most of the film. The Behind-the-Scenes documentary on the Blu-Ray is going to be VERY interesting.

6 Likes

Do you think they’ll actually put in in there?

Maybe. I feel like it’s probably be very edited to make it look like nothing went wrong, but its possible.

It’ll be the BTS Documentary equivalent of North Korean propaganda trying to convince the world they’re perfectly fine over there.

4 Likes

They should really just delay this till December. Because this movie’s competing with avengers and Deadpool 2 all in the same month.

And I think I speak for most people (even the ones like me who really liked TLJ) when I say I’m sick of Star Wars right now. It’s too soon in the year to release it. I need like a year to wind up and get excited about a Star Wars movie again.

1 Like

I’m only not excited because of the obvious trouble Solo is in, but I’m pumped for Rebels Season 4 to wrap up. Can’t wait to see how it’ll end.

Oh yeah of course, I’m just talking about the movies. Six months is too soon for me to be ready to be excited about the next movie. As well as the fact that these anthologies haven’t one hundred percent proven themselves to me.

2 Likes

Tired of Star Wars? I don’t even know what tired means!

1 Like

I’ve gotta agree with Kivax here: I’m not happy about a movie getting released each year. I’d be fine with them spreading the releases out, especially if that meant the movie we got was a higher quality. A year between is alright; six months is far too quick.

2 Likes

This looks like it’s legit this time. Get hype?

6 Likes

YES THANK YOU!

While this is probably the best place to advertise this; do you guys think it’ll get swept up in all the other super bowl commercials? Because it’s going up against: probably another black panther trailer, maybe another infinity war trailer, incredibles 2, mission impossible 6 and possibly a Deadpool 2 trailer.

That’s a thing?