Solo: A Star Wars Story discussion topic

Yup, though I’m not particularly interested in it, I think it will be good.
I’m mostly waiting for Incredibles 2, well, since a long time ago really.

Maybe? It’ll premier a few hours after the super bowl, so that’ll give time for everyone to get over the other commercials a bit. So, either Disney is very smart by releasing after and dominating the market with Solo talk, or it’ll be drowned out because all the other commercials are amazing. We’ll see.

So, where is the trailer?

I am very looking foward to this movie, since the new trilogy and Rouge One have been my favorite star Wars movies ever.

1 Like

Here, I guess

1 Like

No, I mean, when? This Monday? Tomorrow?

When @ToaNoah_Wafflemeister said that it was…

2 Likes

DID YOU GUYS SEE THE TEASER

3 Likes

Teaser today, trailer tomorrow.

5 Likes

That’s amazing, now I still have something to look forward to

I didn’t see enough to form any opinions, I hope the trailer tomorrow’s really good

1 Like

Yeah, there are not any opinions to be made, but stuff to be excited about. I.e: SPACE TRAINS and Reinhardt

1 Like

That teaser trailer was pretty great. I’m excited. Hopefully the full trailer tomorrow reveals more about the movie. I’d also love to see some of the characters we saw leaked from LEGO in the trailer. Moloch, I’m looking at you.

2 Likes

It was fine. I’m reserving real judgment until tomorrow.

I have to say, I don’t know anything about the performances, writing or story. But my god does this movie look gorgeous.

Also, does Disney go out of their way to get actresses that would look exactly the same if you were to line them up? I like Emilia Clarke as much as the next guy, but I definitely would have preferred Tessa Thompson.

2 Likes

Wow! It actually looks promising!

1 Like

Here’s all of the points I’m excited for about this trailer:

7- The Falcon- New Falcon! Yay!

7- TIE Bomber?- we see a really cool scene with a Star Destroyer in a storm, which releases a squad of TIE fighters, plus one with two spheres, but straight wings. Perhaps a prototype for the bomber?

6- The music- this is just in the trailer, but if you listen closely enough, you can here the sound of the Falcon’s controls in the song. Sounds pretty sweet.

5- Interesting characters- I’ll single one of these out in particular, but we see cool new characters, including a man giving a fun little salute and a singer dressed in golden chain mail that looks unbelievably like Latts Razzi’s from the Clone Wars. (you should probably google her)

4- New Perspective- It seems from the beginning of the trailer (this may be a case-by-case basis), Solo is being interviewed by a kind Imperial officer (perhaps Beckett). First of all, he’s being interviewed, second of all, the Empire is being NICE? I am convinced that like RO came directly before NH, S will come out a little after, if not directly after, RoS. This will bring a very interesting view on the Empire, it being just a relabeled Republic, recruiting people, still being under control by the senate, and maybe just being seen as an organization of peace, rather than an organization of terror.

3- Lando Calrissian- At this point I’ve been satisfied with all of the character cameos 7-8 has brought us, except for one. So, seeing Calrissian back will be fun.

2- Reinhardt- In a certain fight scene that gets teased, we see an armored figure with a sword fighting a figure that I cannot distinguish, but seems to be fire an DL-44 from the sound it makes. So it seems this Reinhardt will be a villain :cry:, but he’ll be a cool one at least. For those of you who don’t know, Reinhardt is a character in Overwatch.

1- SPACE TRAIN- I was the biggest Thomas the Tank Engine fan as a toddler, and I think that some of the love still carries on. I mean, sure, we saw subways in the Clone Wars, on the Malevolence and in that one Bounty Hunter episode with Ventress, Bossk, and Dengar. But this one actually CHANGES DIRECTION! And there’s a fight scene! YEAH!

So, what do you guys think? Did I give any of you thoughts you hadn’t had before? Did I miss your favorite part(s)? Remember to like, comment, subscribe, and I’m done replying as if I’m making a video, so bye.

1 Like

Considering part of the movie seems to deal with the Imperial Academy, I’m speculating that it’s a training model for TIE Pilots that allow them to train with instructors in real space and not simulations.

3 Likes

The actual trailer is fine. I’m becoming increasingly doubtful of Alden E.

2 Likes

My excitement for this movie increased greatly when I saw Maz Kanata
And then died again when I realized it wasn’t Maz.

~W12~

4 Likes

Fine trailer, but Han’s actor isn’t doing it for me. Maybe it’s because he’s portraying a younger Han, but from what I can see he doesn’t have the… gruff, witty confidence?.. that Harrison had. That said, I’ll doubtlessly at least enjoy the movie. I used to think the prequels were amazing😛

3 Likes