Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion and 25th Anniversary HYPE Topic

25 anniversary ! :smiley:

psst …

GOTTA GO FAST

i like when he goese fast like he did in sonic x becaus its really cool and awsome

3 Likes

I’m also not a fan of Sonic. The games are overrated, the characters are annoying or unlikable, and the Fanbase treats the series like it’s some sort of divine being.

3 Likes

Minor correction

The fanbase treats the first four games like some sort of divine being and holds everything else in the franchise in comparison to those.

3 Likes

And people not in the fanbase treat all people in the fanbase as one whole being. I accept that many games have flaws, but you don’t see me bashing them on the interwebs.

1 Like

[quote=“LoganMcOwen, post:22, topic:17293, full:true”]
i like when he goese fast like he did in sonic x becaus its really cool and awsome
[/quote]A+ grammar

[quote=“Plural, post:23, topic:17293”]
I’m also not a fan of Sonic.
[/quote] Okay…

The games are overrated,
[/quote]Some are…

the characters are annoying or unlikable,
[/quote]Not all, Shadow is good, minus the new voice actor. Sonic is good, Tails is MEH, Plural is dumb a interesting person, Silver ‘was’ my favorite character,
and Eggman is best.

GET OUT!

#####you are not appreciated here.

[quote=“Toa_Jakami, post:26, topic:17293, full:true”]
And people not in the fanbase treat all people in the fanbase as one whole being. I accept that many games have flaws, but you don’t see me bashing them on the interwebs.
[/quote]Listen to the wise words of Jakami everyone, he knows best.

also FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

[quote=“Hawkflight, post:24, topic:17293”]
The fanbase treats the first four games like some sort of divine being and holds everything else in the franchise in comparison to those.
[/quote]Unless it’s just me, I compare ‘most’ Sonic games to the adventure series.

Some?
Nearly all of the 3D games are praised just for being Sonic.

Yeah, “Good”.

TBH, he’s kind of annoying.

Same as Sonic, annoying.

Never heard that one before :unamused:

A Character who had no character… Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

I’ll agree with you there.

Can’t. Gotta keep that Master Rank.

Rise of Lyric

Shadow the hedgehog

Secret Rings

Black Knight

Lost World

Shadow is basically the hedgehog version of Kopaka

1 Like

Adventure

Adventure 2

3D Blast

3D Blast is not praised. Really the only praised 3D games I can think of are the Adventure games (<3), Heroes, Generations, and Colours. Unleasehed is mixed.

Not even Heroes gets much praise, though I’d praise it.

Also 3D Blast is barely 3D at all, and Sonic Lost World is not too bad.

WTH happend to this Topic.

[quote=“Cazapar, post:1, topic:17293”]
So say what you want about the series!
[/quote]This shall be removed immediately.
And sorry for calling you ‘dumb’ @Plural.

Don’t worry man.

Opinions.
I see lots of them.
I want Popcorn…

3 Likes

I’m sorry that I actually feel that it would be better to preserve the old Sonic by ending it so the new ones don’t soil the franchise’s name even further.

I mean, if you want more cruddy games to soil Sonic’s legacy, go right ahead. I just feel it would be better to preserve it instead.

Then again, I am more of a Mario/Pokemon/Zelda kind of guy…

3 Likes

A violent, third person action games, similar to that of Assassins Creed, or the Batman Arkham series.

Sonic Rush.

I don’t know.

Sonic Free Riders.

doesn’t want franchise to get ruined with new games

ignores that SEGA gas been trying to change, has been working on a new game for 3 years, and apologized for many past games

1 Like

Wow! They apologized. That automatically makes those games not exist.

4 Likes

Then why release all these cruddy ones like Sonic Boom and such? And how do we know it’ll even be good? If they want a good game, they should focus on one game and actually put heart and effort into it.

They keep pushing out games to see if they stick, but honestly the only way to make a good game for them is to take their time and be absolutely creative but also stick to Sonic’s roots.

Agree with this quote wholeheartedly.

2 Likes

That is like blaming Nintendo for Hotel Mario or Zelda’s Adventure. The main Sonic Team has been working on a big anniversary game since 2012. Other games were just to ensure fans that the series wasn’t dead. Especially Boom, made as a new company’s first (and probably last) game. Anything after Generations was just to tide fans over. Sonic Team did not work on Boom and had slight involvement with Lost World.

But it’s a terrible business strategy regardless because those games made the company look worse and made it so less people want to look forward to the actual game they wanna make. Also, you seem to think that this anniversary game will be the saving grace, but what if it isn’t?

Again, Sega isn’t making the right decisions. Allowing a third party to create a game for them was a terrible idea if they got Boom out of it. Sonic Lost Worlds felt like a retread of Colors. Really the only thing keeping Sonic alive is the devoted fans, but I guess I’m not a devoted one since I only played the games mostly for entertainment.

1 Like