Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion and 25th Anniversary HYPE Topic

It was Nintendo’s fault…

But they could’ve created good, playable games during this four year period. Also, you have to keep in mind that ‘06 was the series’ fifteenth anniversary, yet that game fell short.

But SEGA still released the games, even when they were not up to par. They really should’ve just waited those four years, instead of losing millions of dollars through failed games.

1 Like

Spot on with what I was thinking.

1 Like

What if Bio 2016 is a flop and LEGO never touches the theme again? What if Nexo Knights’ second year ends up dark and gritty, 06 style? WHY. THE. HECK. Does there always need to be a what if? Right now, you’re practically grasping at straws to hate Sonic. Keep in mind that in this three year period, SEGA hasn’t just made tide-over games, but also ported many classic games of the original trilogy and CD to mobile devices and the 3DS. It seems like SEGA’s giving you cookies while they make a cake, but the cookies don’t satisfy you, so you automatically think that the cake’s gonna taste like dirt. SEGA didn’t have to release anything. Fans would’ve agreed that the franchise was dead, and when the new game came out, no one would be there to play it, and Sonic would die for real.

Yes there does need to be, actually.

You seemed to have missed the fact that I’m not a devoted Sonic fan. I don’t get every port or whatever, I like NEW games. I appreciate ports if they’re on a system I have, but honestly I prefer new games after I played an older one. If the new game isn’t good? Well that sucks.

And yeah I’m gonna assume the cake tastes like dirt, because if they can’t make a cookie right, how am I supposed to think they can bake cake?

You make it seem like I actually am caring of what a company does. Their decisions are their decisions. I am a consumer that appreciates quality with new products.

1 Like

Because SEGA has been releasing trash for the past ten years, besides a couple of exceptions. This is a real what if, since the products that this specific company has been releasing are just not very good.

They shouldn’t have. It was a stupid decision on SEGA’s part.

The Fans will never consider it dead. That’s the biggest issue with Fandoms; they won’t let the Franchise die.

1 Like

That, is a good quote…

2 Likes

Why am I even arguing with these people that I can’t win with?

hold on-

SEGA. DID. NOT. MAKE. SONIC. BOOM.

SEGA. DID. NOT. INTEND. FOR. LOST WORLD. TO BE. A. MAIN. GAME.

Did people ever say “Mario Golf? What the Heck?” or “Link’s Crossbow Training?” or “Kirby’s Epic Yarn? YARN?! Seriously? Nintendo is out of ideas.” No. No one said that. Even if the games were bad, fans still hold hope and Nintendo is praised. Same things happens with SEGA, and the opposite of praise comes.

Except that game is actually good.

It’s because Nintendo actually creates a lot more quality products, especially lately. If you wanna put ports into the mix, Nintendo has made some good ones too, like with Majora’s Mask and Ocarina of Time, fixing previous issues.

Games like Mario Maker and Splatoon have also gotten a lot of praise, as well as Hyrule Warriors and Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros 4, and other games. Overall, Nintendo feels much more dependable.

Sure they have wacky ideas, but that doesn’t make it bad. I’m not criticizing Sega’s ideas, I’m criticizing their presentation and what games they produce. If they give us cruddy games I am gonna dislike them. If they give me good games I’m gonna like them.

But the published it, meaning they had control over if it passed as a game or not, meaning i’s still their fault.

But it did. Doesn’t change the fact of what actually happened to begin with.

Because Nintendo is much more trustworthy to actually make better games. Sega has had a ton more hit and misses.

2 Likes

But they still had a hand in making it and they also slapped their name on it, all big and proud.

You don’t know that. SEGA might’ve wanted it to be seen in the same standard as there other major releases.

Here’s the issue with what you just said.

Mario Golf is an obvious Spinoff title, meant as a party game.

Link’s Crossbow Training was a game packed with the Wii Blaster add-on, used as a basic intro into the peripheral.

Kirby’s Epic Yarn was a pretty interesting game, giving the Kirby franchise a unique, well-executed gimmick that only lasted a single game. It shouldn’t even be grouped with these two, with your current argument.

Sonic Boom and Lost World were meant to be played by Sonic Fans. As such, they’ll be critiqued as such.

Look, I’m usually not a negative person, but the Sonic Franchise is a dying ship with a Fanbase that doesn’t want to admit it. Most of you try to act “optimistic”, hoping the next game in the Franchise will be the Saving Grace, but let’s face it; it won’t happen. SEGA just isn’t putting the same effort into their projects anymore. They know they’re in a losing battle, and it’s showing in their work.

1 Like

Many people liked Lost World, and a couple of the Olympics games, and Shattered Crystal, and Sega All Stars Racing, and are pumped for Fire and Ice. Also, you said you depend on SEGA for new games, not ports, but used ports to praise Nintendo. Don’t get me wrong, I love Nintendo, but I love Sega too, as well as Sony. Also, Epic Yarn was expected to bomb before release, kind of like what you expect for the 25th anniversary game.

Well you brought ports up to begin with so I thought I’d offer to that side of the argument of good games.

Even then though, Nintendo makes a lot of good changes to ports. I don’t know of too many that Sega made to their games if they had problems besides fixing glitches, but that’s an obvious issue.

1 Like

Like SEGA does, namely with Sonic CD. They added a brand new soundtrack selection, concept gallery, and other features.

Do you have any other examples? Also, concept galleries are nice and all and so are soundtrack selection, but that doesn’t really affect gameplay itself.

1 Like

Here’s the thing; most of them are in the Minority. Those games have tons of issues.

And this matters why?

I highly doubt a Nintendo game with one of its most well-known characters was going to bomb. SEGA on the other hand has lost that sort of respect, with the piles and piles of trash they’ve been releasing recently.

1 Like

They made gameplay much smoother and faster.

That’s kind of expected from a port. :confused:

1 Like

Okay, so does Nintendo, and they also like to make graphical updates, fix spelling errors, improve broken gameplay mechanics and do a bunch of other things.

But do you have any other games as an example?

Exactly my thoughts.

1 Like

Just letting people know I’m not the SammyClassicSonicFan of the boards.

But all you’re doing is mentioning a company that’s irrelevant to the current topic.

<Now you’re the literal embodiment of SammyClassicSonicFan

1 Like

Can you give examples of said trash other than Boom and Lost World? Cuz two games is not a pile.