Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion and 25th Anniversary HYPE Topic

@Hawkflight I’m referring to Sonic Team.

(Colors, Generations and Lost World)

So just when hype couldn’t get any higher…

“It was also announced in the press release that Ivo Gerscovich will now be the chief head brand officer of Sonic and senior vice president of Sega of America. Gerscovich will oversee and give direction on the future of Sonic the Hedgehog in future games, TV shows, retail products, and a feature-length movie.”

So even if, god forbid, this year’s game flops, Sonic STILL has another chance at the next title under a new chief.

Y’know what they should do this year? (along with the new game)

Sonic Team should make Sonic Decade Collection; a game that compiles every Sonic game from the Genesis debut to Sonic Adventure 2. 1991-2001. Every title on the Genesis, Game Gear, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, and Dreamcast. The Ps4 & Xbox One totally have the capability to fit all those games, perfectly emulated.

Edited for Triple Post - Waj

2 Likes

This would be so awesome, after I lost my generations playing it on xbox one would be so great.

So this just got announced!
What are your opinions on this?

1 Like

So basically, revamped classic Sonic games.

I had a feeling they wouldn’t make a new 3D game.

3 Likes

This is actually pretty good. Love the graphics, new zones and mechanics are cool, and it’s nice to see that they’re going back to the most critically acclaimed part of the Sonic brand.

only one problem:

WHY NO ON WII U

3 Likes

#NOPE SHUT UR MOUTH /s

So basically Sega learned from this mistakes from making the lame Sonic Boom series and the failure of Sonic Lost Worlds.

Nice to see Classic Sonic again. Thought that was gonna be a one-time thing but I guess Sega realized people like 2D sonic.

2 Likes

So bloody hyped.

1 Like

“But even heroes need help…”

Tails? Knuckles?
OH COME ON! WHAT IS THIS, GENERATIONS 2?!

Ahem, aside from, that, I’m hyped.

1 Like

Sonic Mania: “Let’s straight up give the G1ers what they want, and see if they still complain”

3 Likes

Some are already complaining by calling it a glorified rom hack

2 Likes

I might be a little late to this but SEGA hosted a beautiful cringefest known as Sonic’s 25th Anniversary Conference. Here’s some fun things that happened:

1. They played their music on a MacBook
  2. A constant beeping sound from the speakers
  3. The lead singer of Crush 40 at one point let a furry sing a bit
  4. The lead manager of Sonic couldn’t stop laughing
  5. There was complete silence when the Sonic Mania trailer was shown

If you want to experience some of the worst, Jim Sterling made a video on it, but I won’t link it here because he’s sprinkled in some inappropriate language.

4 Likes

It was confirmed to not be a sequel, its going to have new original levels and such. And given the quote at the end “join the resistance” I think Eggman finally won, it would be cool for once, and it kinda reminds me of the dark sonic cartoon series where eggman controlled most of the place.

1 Like

Interesting, nice to see they are making a return to the old times, for the people who missed it

I feel like Sega really is changing, the two new games they annouced are like
not looking like trash
Project Sonic 2017 has been worked on since generations came out, and I am glad they are not pushing it to a holiday season release
it also seems to be a bit darker
which I don’t really mind, as long as they dont give the hedgehog a gun.

I don’t think
It should have been streamed
Cause
it looked to be more like a party.

Ah yes, SonicSatAM
and of course
SONIC UNDERGROOOOUND
THEY MADE A VOW
THEIR MOTHER BE FOUND

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yeah same.[quote=“Pot8o, post:122, topic:17293, full:true”]
for 2016, I mean.
[/quote]
######oh my bad

1 Like

for 2016, I mean.
why wouldnt they release a 2017 game that would be ready by then for christmas
they arent rushing it or anything.

2 Likes

I thought that one was okay.

I mean, I never played it, so I’m about as useful as a banana trapped down a well, but ya know…

1 Like

Its desisive, many people like it and many dislike it, and I’ve even heard of people liking one version of the game and hating the other even though their the same.

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t really find anything “bad” about Lost World (Wii U) IMO.
The 3DS version is “Eh…” but I still enjoyed it.