Sonic the Hedgehog

until what?

poke

So this is a thing…

2 Likes

[vomits profusely]

I’m not sure if it’s the pose, or if it actually has completely garbage proportions, but wow does it look like they dropped the ball hard. Seriously hoping they change things for the actual release.

At least Ben Schwartz as Sonic is a good pick, though…

1 Like

I heard they’re making the eyes seperate and, as you can see, he has blue arms(I’m meh about it) and the shoes have laces

I know a certain raving Sonic fan won’t be too happy about that.

1 Like

I’m sure half of the Sonic Fanbase will similarly foam and rage

This world cannot escape sin.

2 Likes

Just realized they’re forgoing the gloves and socks

1 Like

I’ve heard some counterclaims that the source of where this picture was taking actually does not have the poster, but I dunno… a giant poster at a movie theater with a character design matching the teaser… it’s too good to be fake. Or too bad I guess lol

1 Like

Yeah, it (unfortunately) looks way too real. I don’t think someone would put in a monumental amount of effort to make a fake of this quality and actually put it up somewhere public just to jape the masses, especially when it’s… this movie.

######…then again, this is the internet, so… :thinking:

Hee hee hee…

Oh but I have :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve never played the rush series, but I know of them quite extensively, along with pretty much any other sonic title you could possibly throw my way :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sure. Rush adventure had one of the better stories. How the game is designed, you get alot of character development, and 12 year old me got a little chocked up at the ending. The rejoiced when I saw her in the background of generations.

Oh boy, don’t even get me started on how the modern games treat the extended cast. They’re an accessory at best, and a collectible at worst (both on display in generations) :stuck_out_tongue:

I understand streamlining the gameplay to Sonic only, but would it kill you to have somebody other than Sonic and Tails actually accomplish something of any worth at all? If you’re going to do that, at least just do it like Colours and not bother, it’s so clear the only reason they’re kept around is to fill out the casts of party games.

Ugh.

Anyway, rant over. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah. I think Blaze is vastly underutilized. She has such a good personality that the franchise is missing.

2 Likes

Having recently binged TheGameApologist’s reviews on Classic Sonic, I’ve come to realize that I am a fan of this franchise. …Kinda.

My adventure began with McDonald’s toys from the early 2000s, those little self-contained Game & Watch style two-button plastic handhelds. Fun stuff, the Knuckles one was tricky.
Watched friends play Sonic Adventure, caught the occasional episode of X on Fox on Saturdays… didn’t really get it then, but I’m going back through the series now, soooo…

First Sonic game I played was Secret Rings. Beat Erazor on it, then borrowed a PowerSave from a friend to fool around with everything unlocked.
Not a great game, but the soundtrack is always fun to revisit.

Got one of those plug’n’play Genesis knock-offs, so I’ve tried playing Classic Sonic, too. It’s not for me, but I did enjoy Spinball. Friend of mine was really into Mean Bean Machine, so I have good memories of that, too.

I don’t hate the fanbase. Granted, it’s ground zero for furry cringe, but it also has some spectacular content, especially stuff relating to the Archie Comics run.

Which reminds me…

:notes: To triplets born, the throne awaits~!
A seer warns of a deadly fate~!!
Give up your children, sep-a-rate…
Bide your time, lie in wait~!!

SONIC UNDERGROUND
SONIC UNDERGROUND

they made a vow, their mother will be found…

I love most all of Sonic’s modern supporting cast, but, just bein’ real with you guys, I would gladly sack 'em all for further adventures with Sonia and Manic.

…Sonic Canon really is a pick ‘n’ choose adventure, isn’t it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you ever played the Rush and Rush: Adventure games for the DS? If not I suggest you give them a shot, (particularly Adventure) they are definitely worth it.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that show that exists :stuck_out_tongue:

That could be a lot of fun, for sure.

2 Likes

Looks like sonic is gonna be big this year.

http://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/sonic2020/20200120_002104/

Sega’s also got a dedicate sonic2020 site. It’s in japanese, but Chrome’s auto-translate works well enough. It’s also got some neat little wallpapers and such.

I especially like that it has character sections for Blaze, Marine, and eggman Nega, characters that appeared 1-2 underrated games, and were never seen again. (Though blaze does get the occasional cameo.)

1 Like

Just seems like a shame to be kicking off the year with… uh… yeahhhh…

Also, the autotranslate function doesn’t seem to work for me.

Okay, the first tab (from left to right, or top to bottom) is site information. The second is every system a sonic game has been on, click a system to see which games. Third tab is characters. Fourth is game and major news by year. Fifth is fan art. The six is the free downloads area. (The most important one IMO.)

The auto-translate won’t handle everything, so hopefully this helped.

1 Like