Sound Design in Brickonicle

I’ve recently had an interest in sound design, so I thought it would be cool to give a shot at giving a voice to some of Artakha’s more… interesting inhabitants.

First up; Our ambivalent big bad for the first 3 years, Makuta.

Again, I’m not a voice actor. But at least you’d get an idea of the effects applied to a VA’s voice.
Thanks again to @Oomatu for allowing me to use his art, and credit to Mick Gordon for that awesome DOOM OST.

Up next, the Maw of the Deep.
Stay Tuned.
-DarkMaestro

14 Likes

Amazing job, it sent shivers down my spine.

1 Like

A really elegant protoss voice! Works well with the mastermind character.
Depending on the situation though, it could be more “shadowy”/mysterious.
As said before, great work! :+1:

Very well done. The Doom music is a nice touch.

That is awesome! The music really works well, the ominous part at least. Great job!

Nice work. It helps give Makuta a different feel to the previous incarnations.

The beginning almost instantly reminded me of the ending to DOOM, then the music kicked in…
(also is it just me, or does it sound a bit more like a less robotic Hayden?)
(EDIT: yeah i just realized you used a modified version of hayden’s speech from the end cut scene, this all makes a lot more sense now)

1 Like

I feel like it should be a little deeper like G1 Makuta’s.

dadadadadadadadadad DADA DADA dadadadad DADA DADA dadadadadadadada DADA DADA ADADADADSDFSEFSEFVSDFWRSGDVSsdvDFGFadgvCSDsgdxzgGVSsdDGFZxcdrfhgesrzdgfvaersfgd

I love that you used Hayden’s speech and the DOOM ost, well played my friend, you have my respect.

2 Likes

@wheatley1138 That was the idea XD I actually found a video of the sound designers of DOOM discussing how they made Hayden’s voice at a panel, so I just followed the basics of what they did but removed the robotic elements.

@Kardax I tried having some more deepness before, but it was leaning towards being too demonic and unintelligible. Granted, if I got a good voice actor who can clearly deliver lines and had a deeper initial voice, then it could probably work.

1 Like

I would like it if it were demonic but unintelligible is obviously bad, a different voice actor would work. Sounds like a fair trade.

now i want to make a MOC of hayden, but i don’t have any parts…