Spacial Reality: Secrets of the Universe

“it isn’t the gravity that’s the problem, mostly.”

“Low on fuel?” Marius asks.

“What is?” Zablex asks.

“in order to jump I need to calculate where we are, that typically isn’t a problem, but the hole is throwing off my instruments.”

“Time and Space do get extremely distorted by a supermassive black hole’s immediate presence.” Marka says, nodding.

“yeah, no garentee we’ll arrive in one piece if I jumped now.”

“Which is a rather terrifying risk.” Marka says. “Marius,” he called, “What are your thoughts?” (@Runa)

He thinks. “Hmm, well, how far would we need to get from the black hole to get it to work?”

“two days impulse,” she said

Marka and Zablex think it over. “I can’t think of any alternative than to use impulse engines for 48 hours to get clear of the gravity field but we are now being hunted again, this time by your superiors and they have a massive advantage over us.” Zablex says.

“The moment they can verify that we are where their instruments say we are, I don’t think they would hesitate to begin baring down on us.” Said Marka. “And an attempt to jump too early could send us into oblivion.” He finishes.

“Do they have a means by which they can track your movements?” Zablex asks Maka.

She nods

“What is their method of tracking you?” Marka asks.

If it is something they can disable within Maka before they risk getting spotted but the her superiors, it would be a welcome relief.

“they track the unique energy signature I leave behind.”

Marius lights up. “Well, have the jump at the ready, prepared for as soon as we get to a safe distance, before they get a chance to fly to us.”

“so, what should we do until then?”

“Blast it.” Marka said. “It is a very effective method of tracking and masking it would be very difficult to maintain.” He thinks out loud.

“Not to mention that the only way to disable that is if we were to somehow permanently and perfectly delete all traces of that information from her superiors or outright killing her; the first one is outright impossible as they have superiority in nearly every aspect save it be that they refuse to allow negative emotion to exist within them as they see it as corruption and I would not want to kill her as that is not a can of worms I wish to open.” Zablex says to Marka.

Marka takes a deep breath and is a bit frustrated as, at the moment, they wouldn’t be able to shake them if they were to appear on their proverbial radar.

(@Runa). “But, as she said, they track her via her unique energy signature which leaves a little trail for them to follow.” Marka reminds Marius.

Marius thinks. “D&D?”

In the distance, he can hear a faint voice. It yells;

“Neeeeeeeeeeeerd!!!”

She quietly locks her vital systems

Zablex facepalms, Smart move, Zablex; now she’s gonna trust you less and you only mentioned that in passing as that is the one I would never do. he chastised himself.

(@Runa) “Or we could look into ways to throw our pursuers off the scent when we do make our exit.” Marka said, referring to the fact they would show up on the Council of 7(?)'s radar and be actively tracked the instant they are out of the interference area.

“Get somewhere that we have protection, whether they mean to protect us or not.” Marius said. “If we go to a sector populated by multiple space-faring species, and they see a seemingly hostile invasion, they will ban together to fight it. They won’t even need to know we’re there.”