[Spoilers] Mr. E's Identity Theory

Important Note: As I was instructed by a moderator (Waj), all spoilers to newly released Ninjago material that isn’t a month old will be kept hidden by spoiler tags (about 75%+ of the topic), so read at your own risk.
I had a little idea come to me that I thought would be interesting to share concerning the ending of the latest episode and Mr. E’s identity. I was originally going to leave it in the “Ninjago 2018 General Dicussion” Topic, but I felt the amount of all written here would best be left for its own topic.

As we know, during our previous season of Ninjago (The Hands of Time), certain damage that was done to Zane had, presumably, caused Pixal to split off from Zane as her own separate entity this time.This is being known off of the Killov vs Samurai X set, where Samurai X’s alternate face is Pixal’s. However, based on even the first half of episode 76, we see that, in fact, Pixal is still a functioning part of the ninja team as when she helps Lloyd to chase Mr. E.

-This can than be used to make the implication of there being two Pixal’s, one within Samurai X’s identity and the one that we recognize as helping the ninja.

Continuing forward with this teaser, specifically segment 0:13-0:15, we see two clips that, based on the same rainy environment, appear to be consecutive. It is very likely that the Ninja might be addressing Pixal (otherwise, I don’t see the reason to include that shot of Samurai X or have Jay say what he does to create possible major spoilers, if he’s not addressing Samurai X). It is than that if the ninja and this Samurai-X result to a conflict, it would show that this version/alter-ego of Pixal has a different relationship and/or personal goals(?) that distinguish it from our default Pixal that continually aids the Ninja.
-In summary of this point, off of the teaser above, the Samurai-X Pixal has a different alias that makes her… well, her own unique version of Pixal.

Now, in regards to Mr. E, who has now been acknowledged as a nindroid like Zane, this part will simply combine the previous two points and be a “speculative-stretch” as a result. If Pixal, who was prior to becoming Samurai X was a part of Zane, had been split into two personalities, it is very likely that such possible glitch that caused her to split had also caused a part of Zane to break off.
-Point is, if Pixal broke into two parts, Mr. E is likely a part of Zane that did so as well and acquired its own body just as Samurai X.

Feel free to address any rebuttals or critiques involving this topic, and I’ll happily try to respond to them.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure he’s Echo Zane…cool theory tho…

1 Like

This is giving me huge Red vs Blue vibes, what with Alpha and Epsilon and Beta and Epsilon Beta and such. Would be very interesting to see.

Very interesting theory…

My question is…

Why would the alternate Pixal and Zane be evil? I understand they’re alter egos; I guess Pixal could be fed up of being a simple AI inside Zane, (and now all the other’s equipment), but why would an alternate Zane be helping a criminal biker gang resurrect Lord Garmadon of all things…
TBH this also applies to the Echo Zane theory, so… I guess all our Mr. E theories are stuck for the moment xD

It’s Mindroid my dudes!

7 Likes

That would make me so happy you have no idea.

It’s gotta be the Overlord. I hope it isn’t, but knowing Lego’s tendency to make ultimate evils and stick with them…

Makuta?

I’m not sure exactly how long he was around for, but it’s clearly been more than what the Overlord’s gotten.

That said, I still have doubts whether he would return. The only reason I’m say that is because… (Spoilers for Ninjago Decoded)

In Ninjago Decoded, a mini series that happened in-between Season 7 and 8, the Overlord (or part of him) is the main “antagonist”. Why would they bring part of the Overlord back for a mini series, and then have the next season heavily feature him?

With that said, the more and more I think about it, this idea I just came up with could work…

I’m just gonna play all the cards and say that Mr. E is Echo Zane possessed/infected with the Overlord…

1 Like

Ehem:

2 Likes