Spookum Mc. Dukem - 6899 ALT BUILD (Waj's First System MOC)

####Preface: I haven’t mocced in 6 years, and as some know I only recently got into System when I finally purchased some sets at Brickfête 2017 (A Canadian LEGO Fan Convention). A cool thing I saw at the convention were ‘alt-builds’ where you’d use the pieces in one set to create something entirely different.

So I gave it a shot with set #6899 Nebula Outpost. I call it Spookum Mc.Dukem!

Original Set:

What’s the backstory you might ask? Idk, I just wanted to make something spooky with articulation. The mouth can be adjusted to evoke a spectrum of emotions.

Wants a hug:

Bored:

Standing by:

Both Spookum and the pilot can spin right round 360 degrees. The arms and shoulders can move up and down. Its antennae can perk up and to the side. Also got guns for fingers on its right hand for no discernible reason.

Side view:

Back:

Pumped:

Ready to show 'em who’s boss:

After making it I did have a few pieces left over, so I made this vehicle. The trans blue pieces were the hardest to utilize, so three went unused (two pictured).

He’s floating because its space:

Spare pieces:

I may create legit mocs in the future

27 Likes

Good moc for your first time in 6 years.

2 Likes

As you know, I’m super into Alt Models and Combo Models. You’ve done a pretty cool thing here, and used parts in interesting ways.

I rate it :joy:/:joy:

4 Likes

Lego Exploriens is a great vintage theme! Nice choice!

2 Likes

Spookum is my new lord and savior.
Nah, but it’s a pretty neat alternate build. Spookum has got a sort of classic-y look to him (granted that’s prolly because of the pieces used) and is filled with personality. It ain’t the hottest gril in the milk bar, but he’s definitely a looker.

2 Likes

Ah, so this is his true final form.

2 Likes

Yeah I thought it’d be nice to start out with an alt build because I didn’t want to take apart all my sets at once. Plus I think it really focuses your mind on creative ways to use the parts, because of the limitation. I really enjoyed building it, so I may make another alt build at some point.

I bought a lot of space themed sets, I really like the minifigures.

S’all 'bout that personality. I really wanted to make a dynamic figure utilizing the various adjustable parts the set had used for its functions.

Thanks.

Yep. This is the first episode and climactic finale wrapped up into one.

3 Likes

Well, this is interesting?

1 Like

Do tell?

1 Like