Standardized tests

Obliviously this has to do with school and the annoyingly hard and confusing standardized test states give to schools. I mean some are probably ok, but the ones that use common core (Which are 42 of 50 states here in the us.) or do parcc (Colorado. District of Columbia. Illinois. Louisiana. Maryland. Massachusetts. New Jersey. New Mexico. Rhode Island.) is just…indescribable. I have a whole week of testing monday

5 Likes

They. Are. Terrible.
But I only have three days left.
YAAAAAAH!
:raised_hands:

5 Likes

Why would they wait halfway through the week to start testing? XD

1 Like

State tests are as such:

Math: Ask questions, don’t give the tools.

English: Give subjective answers, and then give an objective answer that go against the mindset of some people.

8 Likes

Standardized tests suck. Do I need to say anymore?

1 Like

I’m fine with Standardized Testing as long as I get a good grade and pass.

6 Likes

I don’t like standardized tests, but I try my best on them. Currently I need to take 8 standardized tests throughout the next month so yeah, I think schools depend way too much on them :frowning:

A horrid system of unethical math and english questions.[quote=“FreeLanceVelika, post:8, topic:22312, full:true”]
I’m fine with Standardized Testing as long as I get a good grade and pass.
[/quote]

I…I…I can’t comprehend.

2 Likes

The last two weeks, then Monday through Wednesday this week.

1 Like

I would care about standardize tests but they have literately no effect if I pass the year or affect my placement the next year but they don’t. (The results come in 2 years later and grades and placement tests along with others are the real deciders.)

Am I the only one who found the English portion of the test easy?

3 Likes

I always think it’s easy…
Same with math, but that’s because the math on the tests is two years behind the class I’m taking.
I really hate TDA essays, btw.

The math was stupidly hard because it covered things that we were not even taught.

I did my best. I hope I didn’t fail.

2 Likes

here in Texas we have the staar tests which are everything wrong with regular standardized tests multiplied many many times. Everyone even the teachers hate them

1 Like

I have heard opinions from many different states, and though I won’t reveal mine, the general opinion is the math is easy.
Most other people I talk to (From different states) say what you said.
I hate data inconsistency.

My teachers hate them, because they have to actively watch us.
They can’t do anything.

Luckily cyber schools like mine remove all but the most pivotal state tests.

1 Like

*Star
Yeah we got that here in NJ too.

Ugh, basically it is the alternative to “every state works at their own pace”, they wanted to make a unified system so they can measure someones scores with someones scores in Malaysia. (Example) This is completely the opposite of what they should be doing , each student (state) should work at their own pace with their own standards. (They want kids to be “college and career ready”, I guess everyone before this generation were failures.)

2 Likes

staar actually stands for State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness
its not difficult at all but it is horrendously boring

3 Likes