Standardized tests

You take them at the end of the year?

1 Like

I take them in may. They’re way too close…!

1 Like

We all have iPad minis and next year at the high school we get iPad airs. We had to take the entire test on the small screen of an iPad mini. I had to type an essay when I could have easily written one in half the time. Here in Ohio they call it the AIR test which is he evil cousin of last year’s PARCC test. Might I also add that they are on everything you learn that school year type of thing and we took them in APRIL!

2 Likes

Bro my school barely gets windows 7 laptops.

(Actual laptop)

4 Likes

Our school is supposed to be getting chromebooks next year for every student

And just so you know, we have more than 2,000 kids at my high school

I’m home schooled, so I don’t have standardized tests, or have to deal with common core stuff! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2 Likes

I used to be homeschooled too. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked…

Just kidding. But when I did homeschool I still had to take state testing. That was when we had the OAAS(Ohio’s old state testing before common core crap).

4 Likes

You want to hear a story? Uncle Jorbel is going to tell you a story.

I’m doing the science test, nothing unusual. Some of the questions are hard, but most I get.

Then come the physics questions…

I’ve never had physics. I’m in 9th grade, and physics is 11th or 12th. I get a question that asks how fast a brick is going to travel down a slope. I have no idea what it’s saying. It is using some form of trigonometry I’ve never heard of. So: I guess.

The next question is about the same problem.

I panic, I guess on that one too. The next, next and next ones are all the same problem. I hit C for every one and pray.

The next question appears.

It’s still the brick question, but my eyes drift over to the left. “Solve for θ. Explain how you got your answer in the box below”.

This is it, there’s no way I can guess my way out of this one. Written answers are weighted triple, I gotta make this count.

My answer:

1+1=2
`\_(*n*)_/`

It took me like 10 minutes to find the keys for that, but it was worth it.

6 Likes

Wow…
That’s terrible.
What state are these tests in?

1 Like

Wisconsin. Testing seems to change every year here. No one can decide which test to use.

1 Like

Hmm.
Where I live (which I won’t disclose) they just keep adding tests.
Every. Freaking. Year.

1 Like

Same thing, they put questions that we are not even close to learning yet.[quote=“Xing1870, post:81, topic:22312”]
1+1=2
\_(*n*)_/
[/quote]
Lol yeah, I put something like that but last year.

For my cyber school we don’t have tests every year.

In fact after the PSSAs ended with middle school I got to be virtually test free until my SAT next year.

2 Likes

To whomever it may apply, in whatever regions it is timely, I wish you luck on AP tests!

2 Likes

That would be me. Except I don’t take any AP classes.

Thank you.

I really need to pass my upcoming US History one. :grin:

2 Likes

Ironically the tests I took this year where all easier than most regular tests tbh, that’s either a great stroke of luck, or I absolutely failed everything. XP

2 Likes

We’ve got STAAR testes next week, down here in Texas.

The teachers have handed out 28-page test reviews.

I’m normally not against Standardized Tests.

But with this much focus on them.

To the point where they seem like the reason for going to school.

Woohoo.

Kill me.

5 Likes