Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker Topic

My prediction: JJ will feel pressured to use IX to “undo” as many unpopular aspects of TLJ as can be undone. This will tick off the half of the fan base that likes TLJ. Meanwhile, he will forget to tell an actually good story, ticking off nearly everyone.

I really hope I’m wrong, but I have a bad feeling about this.

8 Likes

The perfect quote for the situation.
And it’s a Star Wars quote at that!

But your reply makes sense. I wouldn’t be surprised if your prediction comes true.

5 Likes

Comparing Kennedy to Fiege isn’t that fair a comparison. Fiege is MUCH more hands on than Kennedy is, who it seems like she sets her mandates, checks off some stuff, and otherwise peaces out.

Pretty sure you will be, since he’s stated in interviews that he’s not going to retroactively go through and change stuff from VIII in IX, like Rey’s parents being nobodies or Snoke’s death.

Although, what one says and what one does are two different things. We shall see.

7 Likes

JJ has definitely lied…I mean, changed his mind about things before. :stuck_out_tongue: But I didn’t know he said that; that makes me feel slightly better! Though even then, I’m not super optimistic about how his work will turn out without Lawrence Kasdan to guide him. But we shall see.

2 Likes

Yeah, the Star Trek: Intro Darkness keeping Kahn a secret thing was dumb. At least his admitted afterword that keeping it a secret and bold faced lying about it was a mistake. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Mark Hammel has revealed the title
https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/1092278478752210944?s=09

1 Like

Theorist geek screams intensify.

Whatever; the last Jedi caused too much damage to fix. Better to just abandon ep 9 and reboot everything Disney made.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Star Wars: The Last Jedi

People will probably get more angry with no ep 9 at all than about TLJ. If you would just cancel it, you would probably just end up with even angrier fans.

This is the second time when posts from this topic are merged with the TLJ topic.
Really now, this should be called “Star Wars: The Last Jedi Part 2”.

No, because this is supposed to be about Star Wars episode IX. It’s just that people don’t post in the right place.

I was joking.

Am I the only person that believes that Episode IX will be a great movie?

No.
Post must have at least 5 characters.

I have no idea either way. Lando is in it, but that’s really all I know to look forward to. (And fear, as death may come)

1 Like

I just mean that no matter what happens the last Jedi did so much damage that ep 9 would have to focus solely on fixing everything rian Johnson screwed up.

1 Like

Or they could continue the plot threads set up by tlj

2 Likes

I’m excited to see where the franchise will go. With Hosnian Prime gone in TFA, I bet much of the galaxy will join the Resistance’s cause against the First Order. I doubt this movie will be another small group fighting against oppression story. I think it may be all out war. It is called Star Wars after all.

1 Like