Star Wars Rebels Discussion (Season 3 Spoilers!)

##Star Wars Rebels just premiered on Disney. Has anyone else seen it? What did you like/dislike about it?##

4 Likes

Seen: 0
Has channel: 0
Knows crud about it: 0

Yup okay never heard about it.

I havenā€™t seen it yet, but if you ask me- Theyā€™re way too similar to these guys

ā€¦With the addition of R2 and C-3PO

2 Likes

I will watch it, at some point.

It was OK, I rate it at 8/10 for being too similar to episode 4

2 Likes

@squeaverking, @Risebell, I think that this was the general idea behind the show. They want to make 'new" characters and a ā€œnewā€ story to draw younger audiences in. Theyā€™re just using this a launching pad for the movie coming out next year.

2 Likes

It wonā€™t be the sameā€¦

As Clone Wars, that is.

5 Likes

Dangit I lforgot to record it. Aww well thereā€™s allways Youtube. Personally Iā€™m not that excited for it but Iā€™ll definently give it a try.

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen much, but it looks pretty good so far. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing how it will turn out. Its sets look pretty nice too, which is a bonus

1 Like

Rebels is now almost half-way through itā€™s first season. Any thoughts so far?

4 Likes

Need to catch up. Just finished Over The Garden Wall, so tomorrow Iā€™ll check it out. I like this series. (Keep in mind Iā€™ve only seen about six episodes) I donā€™t like how Chopper hates Ezra. I found it interesting how in that episode where they had R2 and 3PO, they referenced the Civil Rights Movement, when they told all the droids to go to the back of the shuttle. Donā€™t like Ezra being so noobish, even if iā€™d be the same way. Donā€™t like how the Empire hasnā€™t caught these guys already. I mean seriously. Ezra was practically begging for it when he did the Imperial Cadet thing. I know theyā€™re bringing Ahsoka back, that made me think about if Gregor may return. Or if he exploded. I want him to return more than Noble Six to Halo! Thatā€™s a lot of wanting! Overall, the show so far is amazing. It surprised me how good it was, thinking that ā€˜this is going to be a thirty minute long, laugh track filled nightmare with dumb adventures(like all Disney shows).ā€™ And was happy to be proved wrong!!!

2 Likes

Okay, so now Iā€™ve watched every episode out as of me posting this, and I have to say, it exceeded my expectations. Ezra is a surprisingly likeable protagonist. The Inquisitor is an awesome character in design, voice, and personality. Agent Kallus is pretty cool too. I desperately want to like Kanan, but he is just so flat that I canā€™t, not yet. At this point, heā€™s my least favorite of the main cast. The Stormtroopers seem a bit too weak as well, and I canā€™t get over that ridiculous energy-slingshot, which only exists because Disney doesnā€™t want to give a 14-year-old a gun.
Overall, this series does not live up to Clone Wars, at least not so far. However, it is much better than I expected, and is thoroughly enjoyable to watch. It motivated me enough to buy both Rebels sets so far, which are pretty nice.

4 Likes

you pretty much described how I feel, HOWEVER if they start having full blown Clone Wars style battles with squads of storm troopers and rebels running at each other, tie bombers and y-wings going through enemy lines and bombing both sides, Star Destroyers doing Orbital bombardments while a squad of X-wings tries to take out their shield generators and a troop transport invades it and takes it out from the inside. something like that and it will be a worthy successor

1 Like

The creators have stated that we may get to more open rebellion/heavily armed conflicts in the later seasons.

BTW, remember to mention or quote when youā€™re addressing someone. It makes convos a heckuva lot less confusing.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a Star Wars nut, so I of course watch this series weekly.

Itā€™s not to Clone Wars levels of great yet, but thatā€™s to be expected as itā€™s only in itā€™s first season. Clone Wars took multiple seasons (IMO) to really get to the meat and action of the story they were trying to tell.

Overall, itā€™s enjoyable and Iā€™ll keep watching it.

2 Likes

I like it.

Is it better than Clone Wars? Ehā€¦ no.

Is it good? Yes.

Anyone read the book tie-in, A New Dawn?

1 Like

Not yet. :wink:

I did. Itā€™s not groundbreaking, but it sure made Kanan and Hera a lot more interesting.

1 Like

The book was a pretty good stand-alone story. Even though it pained me to put it on the same shelf as my 30-something EU books.

1 Like

Why would it pain you? Itā€™s all Star Wars. Itā€™s all good.

1 Like

I am still kinda sore that they undid the EU.

But the book was still pretty good. I think it was better than any episode(s) from the show.

1 Like