Star Wars Rebels Discussion (Season 3 Spoilers!)

There is the whole Deus ex Will of the Force they could pull out.

2 Likes

I love how kanan was killed

1 Like

It certainly wasnā€™t the most exciting Season Premier ever, but it was still a fantastic episode.

[spoiler]Thrawn. Goodness he was perfect. Upright saying that Phoenix Squadron wasnā€™t the entirety of the rebel fleet and to let them escape was exactly what the character would do in the books. Iā€™m sold (not that I ever doubted). Tom Baker as The Docā€¦ err, Bendu was cool. When Kanan left the Sith Holocron with Bendu, making him laugh, I couldnā€™t help thinking that Bendu was basically The Doctor in a giant troll body. Hondo was great, as usual. Him saying ā€˜Another successful adventure!ā€™ at the end was great. I like the idea that the Empire has dismissed the ā€˜Jedi Leadershipā€™ entirely, and that they think that theyā€™ve been eradicated. It was nice seeing Tarkin back, and Iā€™m intrigued by this Governor Price character. Overall I was very happy with this episode and Iā€™m excited for more. I just have one question: WHERE DID EZRA GET A NEW KYBER CRYSTAL!!! Please explain show! Please explain!

Also, did anyone notice the Millennium Falcon poster in Ezraā€™s Room? [/spoiler]

3 Likes

Itā€™s entirely possible he took it from that lightsaber on Malachor.

2 Likes

OK, so I finally watched the premiere a few days ago! Here are my thoughts:

[spoiler] All right, so Iā€™m definitely sad that Ezraā€™s taking steps down a dark pathā€“however, itā€™s being done really well, so I canā€™t complain. The whole scene with him controlling the AT-DP Pilot was perfectly ominous, and that look he gave after it was over actually scared me. I understand his intentionsā€“his friends have been hurt, and he feels responsible. Maybe dipping into the Dark Side isnā€™t so bad, if it results in a greater good. But itā€™s a dangerous path, and heā€™s the kind of person most likely to be swayed too far by the allure of evil.

Speaking of evil, hooray for Thrawn! His introduction was interestingā€“very calm, and without much build-up. TBH, that actually felt more fitting than his introduction in the trailer. While that wasā€“to use his wordsā€“ā€œartistically done,ā€ this one felt more in line with his character, subdued but imposing. I almost wish I hadnā€™t seen the trailer or heard the news of his arrival before I watched this episodeā€“I would love to know what my reaction would have been to seeing him walk out of the shadows with Pryce, having no knowledge of what was about to happen. Other than that, I felt he was introduced well. Already we can see the gears in his head working on his master scheme, and it was great to watch Admiral Constantine get so befuddled when Thrawn told Pryce to let the rebels escape.

OK, on to other things. I was intrigued by Bendu and his scene with Kanan. I had heard reports that he was going to be more of an evil characterā€“and him now possessing the Sith Holocron makes that a possibilityā€“but I was glad that he served a more mentoring role at first. I also totally bought into Kananā€™s struggles with blindness, mostly due to Freddie Prinze Jrā€™s. incredible acting skills.

The other characters kind of took a back door here, but thatā€™s OK, considering the entire season ahead of us, and the fact that a few of them (Hera and Sabine, mainly) seem to be stepping into more functioning roles this season.

The scene that really got me in this episode, though, was the scene where Kanan rescued Ezra. The symbolism was amazing, with Kananā€“the character who is now forever ā€œin the darkā€ā€“reaching out from the light to Ezraā€“who can see clearly, but is trapped in the darkness. That, combined with the well-placed use of the Force Theme, made the scene a very emotionally charged one. I think that as long as Kanan is around, Ezra will stay in the light. If Kanan dies, Ezra will almost certainly turn dark, even if he can contact Kananā€™s Force Ghost. [/spoiler]

In general, while it might not have been as intense as last seasonā€™s premiere (which is the best one simply because of Vader), this episode was a nice way of getting back into Rebels. It was cool to see how everyone has grown (Iā€™m still not used to how tall Ezra is now), and I look forward to more of his and Kananā€™s inner conflictsā€“and, of course, Thrawn!

4 Likes

ok, when maul said ā€œHe Livesā€ I think we all now know whos showing up later this season

2 Likes

Savage? Because heā€™s very much dead, last time I checked.

1 Like

its Obi-Wan

3 Likes

Oh duh. (Taps head) Iā€™m totally smart guys. Totallyā€¦

But the Twin Suns was definitely Tatooine, and I am hopeful to see Obi Wan. Also the whole thing with Sabine was interesting. I hope we learn more about the siege of Mandalore this season, since Bo Katan is coming back. AND SINCE WEā€™LL NEVER BE GETTING THOSE EPISODES. DISNEY Iā€™M TOTALLY NOT BLAMING YOU. NOOOOOOOOOO.

2 Likes

[spoiler] TBH, the whole scene with the merging Holocrons really encapsulates everything that is amazing about Star Wars. There are so many ways we can interpret Ezra and Maulā€™s visionā€“itā€™s like reading a Shakespeare play in modern times. On one side, we have Ezra seeking the key to the destruction of the Sith, which is either Anakin or Luke, depending on your POV. Both came from Tatooine, and thus Ezra finds exactly what he is looking for either way. Then you have Maul on the other side, seeking hopeā€“or, rather, to quote Leia, ā€œthe only hopeā€ā€“which is Obi-Wan, who is also on Tatooine.

I was just watching a reaction video to this episode online where this topic was brought up, and I think that itā€™s fairly likely that the entire prophecy of the Chosen One came from the merging of two Holocrons. Bendu clearly referenced prior instances of this type of vergence in the Force, and Anakin was also described similarly by Qui-Gon Jinn. It all comes together so seamlessly. This is why Dave Filoni is supervising Lucasfilmā€™s animated showsā€“he knows his stuff, and he has the ability to make it work. [/spoiler]

3 Likes

Oh gosh. That sounds likely.

Itā€™s these things that make Star Wars my favorite story as a whole.

1 Like

I must catch up on Rebels. I stopped watching mid season 1 because my cable was cut and then I never picked up again. This will probably continue for a while, so I should probably restart too.

1 Like

pirate it online

2 Likes

I have cable again

weather i pirate depends on if they have all the episodes

1 Like

The first half of the first season isnā€™t really that great, so Iā€™d recommend picking up where you left off. :stuck_out_tongue: If you donā€™t remember where you left off, Iā€™d say the episode ā€œEmpire Dayā€ is a good place to start.

3 Likes

iSee. I think the reason I never resumed Rebels was because of how I didnā€™t really love the first half of season 1, but since it got a lot better, Iā€™ll try to watch it again. I probably will start on Empire Day

1 Like

All right, after watching this weekā€™s episode, Iā€™m pretty confident that Kallus is the new Fulcrum . I felt this way when the trailer came out and showed a new secret agent, based on the tone and cadence of the voice, but his actions in this episode make me almost certain.

Other than that, the episode was pretty goodā€“nothing major or revelatory about it, but it wasnā€™t bad. Iā€™m looking forward to seeing whether or not Wedge and Hobbie stick around for the season, or if theyā€™ll be shipped away mysteriously in an episode or two .

Not as much development for Sabine this time around as I would have liked, but any solo time with her is good in my book.

1 Like

Pretty much my thoughts.
Also:
I HAD TO PIRATE IT BECAUSE I MISSED IT FOR NO REASON MY GOSH.

2 Likes

Yeah, the way New Fulcrum speaks sounds EXACTLY like that character. At least with Ahsoka there was some more voice muddling, but with New Fulcrum it just sounds slightly staticy.

3 Likes

general do donnas fleet

2 Likes