Star Wars Rebels Discussion (Season 3 Spoilers!)

They will be.
Hobbie and Wedge are both in the OT.
(Everyone knows about Wedge, but Hobbie was, too)

3 Likes

Slight spoiler for Aftermath too I guess.

Who else thinks that the “family” Wedge mentions in Aftermath was the Ghost crew? If so, the fact that he mentioned that they were killed off by the Empire leaves the fate of Rebel’s main cast to be quite dark.

3 Likes

I know they’ll have to be shipped off sometime, but I’m hoping they stick around for a bit longer. I’d like to see Wedge develop a bond with members of the Ghost crew…

I haven’t read Aftermath, so I’m not sure of the context–was it obvious that “family” meant a group of rebels? He could be talking about his actual family. Plus, I doubt the Rebels story team has definitively established a fate for the crew, and they probably wouldn’t have provided such a telling reference to the author even if they had, in order to keep the mystery going.

1 Like

Based off of how he acted in the latest episode, his motive to join the Rebellion doesn’t seem to be out of revenge. [quote=“Toa_Heatwave, post:263, topic:2819”]
I doubt the Rebels story team has definitively established a fate for the crew
[/quote]

I think that the Ghost crew, well at least Ezra and Kanan, will ultimately[spoiler]die at the end of the series. This is the quickest and simplest way to make sure fans don’t ponder on why Luke is the only Jedi that’s on the Rebel’s side in the original trilogy, since the show’s cast is obviously on their team. It would also make what Wedge says in Aftermath make a little more sense, since he will probably stay with Phoenix Squadron for this season and beyond, allowing him to bond with the crew.

Another possible ending to the series is their exile or capture, but who knows? This is all just speculation for a show that has another good season or two left in it.[/spoiler]

3 Likes

I doubt the entire crew would die, that would be extremely dark for a kids show, but Ezra may well die. Also, I think that they don’t actually bring the entire rebellion with them for any of the major assaults, just to keep important parts alive, even going so far as claiming that the entire rebellion came just to fool imperial informants.

2 Likes

But for major battles like Endor and Yavin, wouldn’t they want three jedi over one? And since Hera is one of the better pilots in the Rebellion during the show, why wouldn’t they want her in the previously mentioned events?

1 Like

Let’s remember that Rebels is being made by the same team that gave us this (2:08)

4 Likes

Fair point, but every battle was a gamble for the Rebellion, and they didn’t want to put all their chips in.

Granted (it just so happens I’m watching that arc now), but this is on Disney XD, not Cartoon Network. Different demographics, not to mention, he was a bad guy.

Actually that was censored on CN. That clip is from the Blu-Ray release. Even CN thought it was too dark. XD

2 Likes

It would be cool of the reason for the ghost crew not being in the OT movies coincided with the reason for Thrawn not being in the OT

1 Like

I knew I didn’t see that on the original release, but every time I’ve watched it since was on Netflix or the Five season DVD release, so I must’ve forgotten it.
But doesn’t that prove my point?

Not exactly. The team still made that, it was just the network considered it too gruesome, and so edited it out. It shows that the team is capable of going to dark places (one or two season 1 moments confirm this), and so it wouldn’t be that far out of the question if they all died by the end of the series .

Well, just because those were the major battles we saw in the films doesn’t mean they were the only large conflicts going on at the time. It’s a big galaxy, and the Rebellion has a huge Empire to fight, not one that’s localized to one system. Given how little we saw of the Rebellion’s inner workings in the movies, it’s plausible that Ezra and Kanan were still running around during the OT. Or they could be in hiding, depending on how the show unfolds. Still, them dying is likely, though when or how is up for grabs.

2 Likes

But here’s the thing about those two specific battles. If they failed at Yavin, the most important figures of the Rebellion as well as a good number of their militia would’ve been killed off, meaning they would have no chance of making a comeback. The same applies at Endor, where they would, again, lose a good number of their fleet, men, and powerful figures. If there’s a time to use multiple Jedi and one of the Rebellion’s better pilots, it would be at those two.

My body is ready.

And Kalani is still ready to go to war, even years after Onderon.

6 Likes

I know, I’m so hyped.

“We haven’t captured anyone in years!”
“We haven’t captured anyone ever.”

6 Likes

That was awesome.
Also I didn’t realize the episode wasn’t until next week…

3 Likes

Well, Constantine is dead. Probably.

4 Likes

That last episode was pretty awesome.
This next one certainly looks interesting…

2 Likes