Star Wars Rebels Discussion (Season 3 Spoilers!)

Probably? I think definitely…this is clearly a suicide mission designed to “test” his competence. I think both Thrawn and I will be shocked if he makes it out alive.

Anyway, if he dies, that leaves Kallus as his only real subordinate (I consider Pryce his equal/superior), and since it’s highly likely that Kallus is Fulcrum , he may soon be going by the wayside as well. That leaves a new opening for Thrawn’s “sidekick”…perhaps a certain Imperial Captain from the EU?

3 Likes

YES PLEASE! I’ve been hoping for Pelleon since Thrawn was announced. He always struck me as an Imperial who wasn’t evil in the slightest, he was just a man doing his job defending the Empire he thought brought peace to a former war-torn galaxy. It’s not his fault that two evil guys ran it.

5 Likes

Not going to lie, “Iron Squadron” sucked.

It wasn’t just boring, it was boring and didn’t affect anyone from the main cast or the overall story. The entire Iron Squadron was annoyingly incompetent, but their reunion at the end and how [insert what’s her name here] and [insert what’s his name here] are given a somewhat prominent role during their rescue mission, it almost seems like you’re supposed to be rooting for Mart and his friends. This episode also made Thrawn look slightly less intelligent, since he has let the Rebels go over and over again. The “he’s just playing mind games” argument can only go so far. The only highlight was the the Star Destroyer joke.

Yeah…Season 3 as a whole hasn’t been that great.

[spoiler] Pretty much every episode has been “characters get captured, and then the other characters have to rescue them.” That was the Darth Maul episode, the Mandalorian episode, the Twi’lek episode, the battle droids episode–and even “Iron Squadron” had this exact same plot.

It’s also trying to make us care about random characters that, honestly, we have no reason to care for. I LIKE the Ghost crew, but they keep trying to ■■■■■ the attention to other, boring characters, who we’ll never see again.

And there’s also the fact that nothing they’ve done all season has had any effect on…well, anything. These are all just side plots–and boring ones, too.[/spoiler]

Honestly, Rebels is losing my interest. :confused:

I don’t know, maybe it’s just me being a big fan of the EU, but I’m willing to let this happen a few times. What I think is that next time we see Thrawn, he’ll have gathered enough data on the Rebels by now and he’ll absolutely wreck them. I wouldn’t be surprised if “Iron Squadron” was just a set up episode so they can kill off speaking characters without harming the Ghost crew. And kids, at that.

I’ve been really enjoying it, and have been thinking it’s great. [quote=“CryoTrooper, post:284, topic:2819”]
“characters get captured, and then the other characters have to rescue them.”
[/quote]

But isn’t that really a Star Wars trope in general?Main characters always get captured only to be freed by other main characters. It happened in I, II, III, IV, V, VI AND VII. That’s every single movie so far.

EDIT:
Plus, the Hondo stuff is pretty on point.

4 Likes

RIP Feelings.

2 Likes

When I watched that…
That was painful. Looking to be gut wrenching episode.

I want to see obi-wan so badly. In my opinion he has to be the one to kill maul, not Ezra, after all he has put obi-wan through like killing his master and the only person he would give up to the Jedi order for, sure he’s bringing Ezra closer to the dark side but obi-wan deserves this. and I think they are setting this up for a season finale

4 Likes

Another great episode! I am wondering one thing, though:

Why doesn’t Maul ever say Tatooine’s name? He knows that it has two suns, and he obviously remembers it, as he said, “it ends where it began.” Plus, he’s been there multiple times in his life.

Other than that, an awesome episode!

3 Likes

Because if he had said the name, then the Rebels would know where to look. This way they can stretch it out. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So who here believes the Sabine is obi-wan’s daughter theory? Because I think after this it will be a massive reveal at the end of the season. And they have said that she will have a big part in this season, and if you see the the poster for season three she’s bigger than Ezra. Plus I think this will tie into the Rey is obi-wan’s granddaughter theory.

I don’t. It’s stupid. It completely goes against Obi-Wan’s arc in Clone Wars, which was, yes, he loved Satine, but he dedicated himself to the Jedi Order, and didn’t let his feelings for her cloud his judgement. When Maul killed Satine, yes, he was heartbroken, but he didn’t let it drive him to anger like the threat of and eventual losing of Padme drove Anakin to anger. The idea that Obi-Wan would have a kid with anyone is preposterous.

The timeline doesn’t match either. Sabine was roughly a year or two old when the Clone Wars came to an end, since Ezra isn’t that far behind her. There doesn’t seem like there was enough time for Obi-Wan to have a kid with someone.

4 Likes

The biggest thing people use against this theory is that the group of imperial mandalorians say Sabines mom is with them. But they just as easily told leia that bail organa was her father. I believe that satine had obi wan’s child without him knowing and gave it to her sister who took her into death watch. Also in the previous episode there is a connection between her and that portrait of satine. But There’s also the problem with her skin tone and most of the points you brought up, but I think it would connect rey to obi wan being her grandfather which I am ninety five percent sure is the case.

Rey will either be related to Luke somehow or there’s zero relation to any of the old cast. Now I would buy Rey being Ezra and Sabine’s kid like some people theorize, but I just cannot buy any theories where anyone is an offspring of Obi-Wan.

3 Likes

The reason I believe she’s obi wans granddaughter is the fact that he, unlike yoda, called her out by name when she touched the light saber. Plus I think it would be better than if she was related to Luke which I think is way too easy. And I already think Ezra will be Benicio del toro’s character in episode 8 and if my theory about Sabine is true he may also be her father.

This would be cool, I’ll admit.

3 Likes

Saw Gerrera confirmed for Rebels Season 3 Part 2! Also, Battle Droids.

4 Likes

I’m glad because from what I’m seeing they completely fixed saw’s voice because that was one of my biggest problems with him in rogue one

If there’s one thing Rebels does best, it’s make awesome trailers. This looks absolutely epic. MANDALORIANS EVERYWHERE!!! faints

4 Likes

My reaction to this trailer, emoji style:

:neutral_face: :scream: :blush:

I can’t believe it–bad@*# Thrawn, Mandalorians, Maul, and OLD OBI-WAN! With an Alec Guiness-like voice!!!

Saturday can’t come fast enough!

2 Likes