Star Wars Rebels Discussion (Season 3 Spoilers!)

Welp, that was one heck of a season finale. While not as emotional or impactful as Season 2’s finale (which, how could it be? The Vader/Ahsoka fight was nearly 10 years in the making), it was still fantastic. Really excited for Season 4 now.

Loved all the space battles. The reason I prefer the Prequel era over the OT is that there’s a much larger, grander scale of warfare. Episode II, Clone Wars, and Episode III really showed how massive a galactic war could be, while IV, V, and VI relegated mostly to smaller battles like Yavin, Hoth, and Endor. To see all the capital ships engaging each other in the skies above Atollon was fantastic. Commander Sato’s suicide move against Constantine’s Interdictor was heroic, tragic, and awesomely tactic. It removed one of the Empire’s commander’s, and an Interdictor in one move. Bendu basically being the Ninja of Lightning was really cool. The inclusion of the Death Troopers was really awesome as well. I saw a lot of complaints that Thrawn was being too slow in his plans to ensnare the Rebels. I question wether or not those complainers read the books. He waits and does things meticulously. The end of the episode proved to be a victory for the Empire, thanks to Thrawn. The entire Rebel fleet there including the Ghost crew, Sato, and Dodanna would have been wiped out completely had it not been for Constantine defying orders and letting Ezra escape. Even Bendu doing his thing wouldn’t have stopped Thrawn. Only the sheer stupidity of a single individual was the reason the Rebels escaped. The Rebels crew did a fantastic job this season in crafting Thrawn to be a great villain, and I hope we see him more in the future, and maybe even into post ROTJ era stuff to re-live the Thrawn trilogy of books. I’m certainly looking forward to the new book Zahn is writing, and Season 4. Bring on the Mandalorian Civil War!

4 Likes

Confirmed by Dave Filoni to be the final season, Season 4 of Rebels will feature more Saw Gerrera, Mon Mothma, the cannon introduction of Thrawn’s body guard Rukh, U-Wings, X-Wings, Bo Katan, a bunch o Mandalorians, and most likely a bunch of tear jerking character deaths.

6 Likes

Holy crap.
As long as Bo-Katan, Kallus, and Sabine don’t die I’m happy.
But holy friggin crap.

1 Like

I almost get the feeling with Hera’s opening monologue that she’s the only member of the Ghost crew who survives.

Besides Chopper.

Well, there’s that shot early in the trailer of Ezra and Sabine riding that giant wolf. She looks slumped over there… doesn’t mean she’s dead but… yeah. Doesn’t look good.

I think I’m just going in to this assuming Hera and Chop are the only survivors of the OG heroes.
I expect Kallus to live, however, along with Thrawn and characters not from this show.

Well, it looks like this is the end…

I’m stoked to see Rukh and Bo Katan (with the former being voiced by the wonderful Warwick Davis), but Hera’s monologue definitely gives me the feeling that we will see most, if not all of the crew either depart of be killed off. It’s a sad thing to think about, but I have every confidence that Dave Filoni, the Rebels cast and crew, and Lucasfilm Animation will give all of the characters their best final showings.

The only thing I don’t look forward to is the inevitable fact that there will still be those who trash the show, even in its last season. It’s getting rather tiresome, and I know that most of the haters will likely regret the things they’ve said in the end. But, I know that for every hater, there are dozens of people who love and cherish Rebels as I do, and we’ll be watching together as this all comes to an end. I am ready!!!

Edit: BTW, for those of you who watched the Rebels panel (and those who didn’t, as you can watch it now anyway) Dave Filoni did something very clever for those of you wondering about a certain character. Spoilers…

Before the trailer was shown, Dave was wearing his “Ahsoka Lives?” T-■■■■■, but after it, he was wearing an “Ahsoka Lives!” T-■■■■■, with an exclamation point instead of a question mark. So, we can pretty much confirm that Ahsoka is alive (in some form).

3 Likes

As much as I want ahsoka to be alive, there’s concept art of her getting stabbed. I don’t know if I like the theory that she’s the giant wolf either.

Concept art is concept art, not a final verdict. Story teams and artists explore every option for a character before settling on something, so a concept of Ahsoka dying doesn’t mean much…

I agree that the wolf theory isn’t much, but it’s plausible. And Dave Filoni is very subtle–he’s done things like the T-■■■■■ switch before, and there’s no reason for him to have done it now unless it was legit.

3 Likes

If it didn’t go through the concept art stage, I doubt it actually happened. The Revan and Bane thing is explicitly non canon, and that got in early animation stages.
As for the Wolf theory, I don’t like it either, but it could be ok.
Dave also said that Rebels isn’t her story, so maybe she just isn’t in the season, unless I’m forgetting someone saying that she was.

1 Like

I didn’t mean that she was one hundred percent stabbed, but I think that she is dead I know Dave pulled out that ■■■■■ and I think that she will absolutely show up in this season no doubt, but I don’t think it will be in a way we expect. I don’t know if she’s the wolf or that she will be haunting darth Vader in some way. I just can’t see darth Vader letting her live.

Just gonna drop this here:

4 Likes

Them Force puppers and kattens :heart_exclamation:

Also rip Rebels after season 4, you ended Clone Wars era of animation quite nicely.

2 Likes

Oya Manda!
Reaally looking forward to those episodes.
And shouting the first statement at the screen repeatedly.
I’m also looking forward to seeing how it ends, who survives, and the fact that the show is acknowledging the whole Kanan and Hera thing.

1 Like

How is thy ship called…Henan? Kanera?

1 Like

I honestly don’t remember, but I feel like it was based on roles rather than names, but I can’t think of what it was.

Everyone except Hera’s gonna die. You just wait.

Nope, Chopper is gonna live as well.

1 Like

Oh yeah, forgot him my bad. But we do know hera lives until at least Return of the Jedi.

Yep. I’m hoping that maybe Sabine or Zeb will survive, but I don’t think Kanan or Ezra have any chance. It’s what I’ve thought since the beginning; if they survived the events of the series, they would’ve played a role in the original trilogy. Therefore, there’s no way they survive.

3 Likes