Star Wars Rebels Discussion (Season 3 Spoilers!)

Oh man, this season finale was HYPE.

2 Likes

SW Celebration was today! Here, have a clip from Season Three of Star Wars: Rebels!

Clip begins at 3:40ā€¦

Man, Ezraā€™s tall now!

1 Like

I like the fact that heā€™s packing a DL-44 now. Oh, and HONDO! You canā€™t go wrong with more Hondo.

4 Likes

I knowā€¦heā€™s now a combo of Han Solo and Starkiller, basically!

Also: LOL, weā€™re talking in two threads simultaneouslyā€¦never done that beforeā€¦

Also, Zeb is going sleeveless now and Sabineā€™s armor is slightly painted (again). I want to see what Kanan has on his face for his eyes now .

Your hairā€¦
Let me quote Var.
#It. Looks. GARBAGE.
The others look cool though.

I love how it looks gelled back. Youā€™re a tiny little Rebellion on the run from this giant Galactic Empire that probably has constant food, fuel, and medical supply shortages, but thereā€™s plenty of hair gel to go around. :joy:

Itā€™s weird, thoughā€¦so many people complained about his old hair (which I thought was fine), and now that itā€™s cut, they still complain about it! :confounded:

Iā€™m not talking about you, specificallyā€¦I just noticed that in a lot of the comments on the clip. I wouldā€™ve been fine with his old hair staying.

At least his new saber is cool, and Sabine repainted her armor (and probably her hair againā€¦)

1 Like

See, I loved the old hair.
As others have said, it made him stand out.
Now heā€™s just a generic dude with a generic haircut.

Granted, I felt his hair got better over time. In the first episode it almost looked like his hair was itā€™s own entity and looked purple. As the the first season went on it got better and looked black more often than not. I never had a problem with his hair other than that. Now it just looks a bit odd. It may just be a thing of it just takes time to get used to it and then itā€™ll be fine.

I agree, and I think a lot of people did like his old hairstyleā€¦but then there were the ā€œSpace Aladdinā€ people. :expressionless:

Iā€™m happy he grew, thoughā€“I always like it when animated shows acknowledge the reality of human development over timeā€¦instead of keeping their kid characters perpetually young.

@prentice1215 donā€™t forget that time his hair defied gravity! That was the moment I knew he was destined to be a Jedi! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I agree. It worked really well for HTTYD2, and Iā€™m excited to see how else Ezra has changed besides just physically. The S2 finale made it kind of seem like he may be tapping into the Dark Side just a tad.

1 Like

As does Sabineā€™s line in the new clip, after Hondo asks if this awesome Jedi warrior is really Ezraā€“ā€œMost of the timeā€¦ā€

1 Like

Possible PTSD from facing Vader? Might have little bits of time when heā€™s alone and doesnā€™t think anyone is watching and gets into a really depressed state. It could be a tad dark for a ā€œkids showā€ to do, but maybe Ezra could be turning to the Dark Side and using itā€™s power to make himself feel better like a drug perhaps?

1 Like

heā€™s uh

having no problem just cleaning house with those stormtroopers, which is pretty cool but at the same time kinda troubling, may be leaning towards the dark side a bit more

1 Like

Yeah, that spinny move he did with the lightsaber was sweeet. But Kanan has also shown that sort of ā€œcoolnessā€ in battle, especially with Stormtroopers, so while I do think it shows Ezraā€™s darker tendencies, it could also simply be a result of his development as a warrior.

:scream:

Soooā€¦muchā€¦awesomenessā€¦

I canā€™t believe theyā€™re actually including Grand Admiral Thrawnā€¦the Force is strong with Dave Filoni. But thereā€™s so much more than that!!! A new Force Being, seemingly representing the intermediate stage of the Force, neither Dark nor Light. A bearded Kanan with a sick mask. New and old battle droids. Darth Maul doing stuff. Mandalorians. More Cham Syndulla. The freaking Darksaberā€¦in Sabineā€™s hands!!! And above allā€¦WEDGE!

Iā€™d hesitantly say this is the second-best Rebels trailerā€“I feel the last one, which teased Vader v. Ahsoka, was more intense and awesome. But this one offered so much stuff.

Honestly, I canā€™t evenā€¦

6 Likes

:joy:

Pretty much says it allā€¦

1 Like