Star Wars Rebels Discussion (Season 3 Spoilers!)

I’m pretty sure he was recruited before the Season 2 finale, because he knew Ahsoka as Fulcrum–I think he just chooses to actually leave now. Perhaps he was a spy for a time?

Then again, in the scene where he appears, he’s standing with Sabine, who appears to have black hair. Given that she was also once part of the Imperial Academy, perhaps the scene will be a flashback, given that she’s getting more time this season…

However, Dave Filoni directly said at the Rebels panel that Ahsoka’s story isn’t done, but she may not return the way we expect her to.

2 Likes

I know it’s a long shot, but… force ghost anyone?

Well everyone’s talking about Star Wars Rebels so I might as well put my two cents in.

Ok, so I like following Star Wars and at the time of the end of Season 2 everyone was so hyped I spoiled the entire show for myself just because I wanted to know what was going on in the canon. :stuck_out_tongue: I will watch the first 2 seasons eventually, but I mainly watched the main plot points in clips on YT.

On the topic of

the death of Ashoka. There is a book coming out about her which I am VERY glad for and look forward to reading. I know I constantly say this, but her death (if she’s even dead) I feel would have had more power if they had continued the CW and done it there. The kids watching SWR wouldn’t really know who Askoha was, right? Tbh it won’t have as much of an impact depending on the amount of screen time. Asoka was in, what, EVERY episode of CW? They should have killed off a Rebels character. Ezra maybe? Idk since I haven’t seen rebels yet. To have an emotional moment though it also depends on the likeability of the character. A character can be total jerk and last the whole series and you’ll be sort of relived if they died. I don’t really cry much when it comes to entertainment (twice recently) but the Ashoka thing did make me tear up a little, probably beacause of the amount of CW I watched in my childhood. It was very nostalgic. Speaking of crying… The other show was https://youtu.be/U41zsKsAgOs of course. (yes i cried, watch the scene)

As for Season 3, I really hope they KILL MAUL. SERIOUSLY. That guy should be dead by now. I personally don’t really like him (I don’t hate him though) but in the End of S2 I though I thought he died because he fell. I was all like, “Oh man that’s sort of funny and Ironic since that’s what Obi-Wan did hahaha” but NO I was wrong. Avon reading the Wikipedia article again I found he was actually, in fact, alive. I guess they just want to execute it well? Honestly once again it would have been more powerful to kill him right there and then in the CW.

Tbh I really hope this show gets a lot of seasons.

Man, when this show first came out, I thought it wasn’t going to be nearly as good as TCW. I loved how TCW got slowly darker and much more intelligent as the seasons progressed. As I got older and matured, so did it.

But Rebels has become an amazing show in only two seasons. The second half of season 2 was AWESOME, and season 3 looks even better.

3 Likes

Our lack of faith was… Disturbing

5 Likes

In my defense, I always thought Rebels was going to be great.

3 Likes

Same here.
I never doubted Dave Filoni’s skill.
He’s good.

3 Likes

Rebels sure is blowing us all away in terms of quality.

I was one of those people who gave up on the show, but as soon as the season 1 finale came out, I found myself liking it even more and more.

3 Likes

Says the guy with a South Park avatar.

jk please don’t hate me

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s my fault for playing too much SWTOR, but Kanan first reminded me of a Miraluka.

3 Likes

TFW the paragraphs you typed are probably no longer relevant by the time you got involved with this show :stuck_out_tongue:

I hate you /s

ANYWHO
I’m exceedingly hyped for season 3
empirial mandalorians look SICK

and makes me think even more that Boba might show up

2 Likes

I’d be shocked if he didn’t–mind you, not as a main villain, but definitely as a side character for maybe an episode or two. He was one of the high points of the OT, so not including him in Rebels would seem illogical. I’m sure they’ve already thought of a way to incorporate him–Dave Filoni loves to think ahead.

2 Likes

I would like to see boba fett, as what you said
“a side character” and since all we know is that he is tied to jabba, then they might go to tatooine, possibly with Obi Wan showing up
(plox have Ewan McGregor voice)

5 Likes

Total yes to that idea. Dave Filoni actually said that he’d like to have Ewan McGregor show up as Obi-Wan, should they go that route, so going to Tatooine would be a great way to include both him and Boba. Heck, they could even throw in a two-second Luke cameo if they did that (i.e. the rebels run into him in town while he’s on an errand for Uncle Owen, but without really interacting)

3 Likes

Also
Jabba could show up
(and I’m REALLLY stretching here)
And possibly dengar

maybe toshi station?
Getting power converters?
/joke

3 Likes

FTFY.

1 Like

But exactly the sort of joke they would do…

Maybe Luke wants to get some power converters in ANH 'cause he’s hoping to run into those snazzily dressed rebels again…:wink:

3 Likes