Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker Topic

Yeah; no. I don’t expect him to be on the level of force gods and others from the comics and extended universe but even normal jedi masters have some incredible feats. I mean he lifted his x wing in Ep 5 and guided the bomb down the exaust in ep 4 so at that time I would be surprised if he couldnt block, redirect, or topple the walkers over like dominoes using the force.

1 Like

Technically, there was. Rey’s parents being nobodies and Luke’s connection to Kylo Ren were pretty big reveals. Whether fans liked them or not, it’s a different story.

Nowhere near as strong, not to mention that I still hope its a lie.

What is that etc?

Well that was…interesting…

2 Likes

Why did they spend half of the trailer showing us the older movies? That felt kinda pointless.

Because it’s not a trailer. It’s a “special look” that was shown at D23. They typically don’t release sizzle reels like this, but considering the high profile nature of this final Skywalker Saga film, they probably would have rather released it as opposed to let it leak. You won’t see this in theaters ahead of other movies, it’s only going to be online. It was just meant to hype up the crowd that was in the convention hall at the time, nothing more.

2 Likes

They are listening to us and they’re pulling of a Darth Rey?
They are listening to us and they’re pulling of a Darth Rey!!!
##HOO!!!

I’VE WANTED DARTH REY SINCE TFA.

I’m a little more excited for this.

The more I think about it the more I fear it’s just a Palpatine illusion or dream sequence

1 Like

OK, I never thought I’ll be able to get hyped for this.
Yet here we are.

Ok; darth Rey is pretty cool but I still want to see this about as much as I wanted to see it before; no. I hope I’m wrong and it’s really good but I’m not holding my breath.

I don’t want Darth Rey, to be honest. Seriously, I always hoped that the rumors about this were fake, but here we are.
So I guess this will probably be a rehash of Revenge of the Sith, except with Rey.

It won’t. If it was, it would lead into another trilogy.

Why?

For me, Anakin was enough. I don’t want her to be evil too.

Plus, as you said, making her evil in the last movie of this trilogy would probably lead into another trilogy, no matter how they do it.

Maybe…though I tend to doubt it. I don’t think JJ and Disney have the guts to do something that bold. It’s probably just a vision.

2 Likes

I think you misunderstood me. I want her to be evil.[quote=“Toa_Heatwave, post:280, topic:48011”]
bold
[/quote]

I mean, killing Luke in the worst way possible was pretty bold.

Ever since TFA, Rey was intended to be the main protagonist. If she turns into a villain in this movie, who will be the main protagonist then?

She was never the only protagonist.
And also Anakin was the main protagonist of his trilogy and turned evil.

1 Like

That was because the whole purpose of the prequel trilogy was to explain why Darth Vader was Luke’s father, so it makes sense for him.

Luke went the same way Yoda did, though.

Yeah but at the end of the movie Yoda’s character didn’t got killed like Luke’s.
TLJ and ESB are so similar, yet so different. This is why one is one of the best of the saga, and the other one of the worst.