Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008) Discussion Topic

It looks like a lot of this takes place during RotS, which could explain stuff we haven’t seen before

1 Like

Where will this new season be available? Will it air on TV? Or will it be a Disney+ exclusive, like The Mandalorian?

Also, where can I watch the previous Clone Wars seasons?

Yup

Disney+ or on Blu-Ray/DVD.

2 Likes

There’s a whole comic out there about how some Mandalorians broke Maul out of Sidious’ prison. I’ve heard it was a really epic series, but I haven’t read it.

1 Like

Oh, neat. I had vaguely heard about Maul getting some comic or book about material that was meant for the show originally, but didn’t know it was that. Guess it explains a lot.

1 Like

If you’re interested in reading the comic, it’s titled Star Wars: Darth Maul–Son of Dathomir. From what I recall, it’s taken from material meant for one three-episode arc in the series that had to be scrapped following the cancellation.

2 Likes

So, what does everyone think of the episode? I really liked the relationship between the Bad Batch and Rex’s crew.

Great to finally see it with finished animation as opposed to the roughs that have been online for years. The little changes from the original version to this were for the best and I’m excited to see the rest of the Bad Batch arc animated.

And how about that Fyrnock in the background of the camp scene? Great continuity with Rebels, there.

4 Likes

I saw the Fyrnock but didn’t realize it was the base from Rebels. That’s a really nice touch.
EDIT: Oh, no that’s not that base from Rebels… not sure what I was thinking there.

Nope, it is the base from Rebels.The Rebels team re-used those assets from the original version of this arc for that episode as a cost/time saver since it was pretty much already built when Clone Wars got cancelled. It’s since been confirmed that it’s more than just a re-used asset and that it’s the same location.

pretty sure a big change from the original story reels is that Trench’s bomb is going to blow up Anaxes, hence the state we find it in the first season of Rebels

1 Like

I can’t say I really cared for this episode since I watched them al unfinished like two years ago. I hope we get more clone wars toys…

The would explain why it’s so different.

The first time I tried to watch the latest episode, it was on my friend’s phone during lunch and it kept cutting out.

Other than that, I thought that the episode was alright. The series definitely doesn’t appeal to me as much as it did when I was younger, but I enjoyed it all the same. I couldn’t stop comparing the Bad Batch to Team Fortress 2 mercenaries.

1 Like

I don’t rly care for bad batch. Maybe it’s just Wrecker’s immense dislikability weighing the team down.

1 Like

He is definitely the stereotypical big muscled guy with no intelligence. I wish they could have toned down all their extreme personalities. Hunter is fine though, it’s just the others.

2 Likes

Right. Or even switch it up a little, like the muscle guy is rly smart or something

1 Like

I’ve only seen the first episode so far, but I definitely agree with this. They go juuust a bit too far over the edge. Tech and the sniper aren’t the worst, if only because their personalities are a bit more reserved, but I’m definitely getting tired of Wrecker already.

1 Like

Having watched these four episodes in story-reel animatic form and knowing where the story goes (for the most part there’s probably still going to be some changes here and there) I think these problems will be addressed with just how fun their action scenes are. They each become more likable by the end of the fourth episode, but I see where you’re coming from.

A difference compared to the originals is that it seems like they might be setting up Crosshair to be a bigger antagonist for Rex. In the animatics he makes one or two derogatory comments and then he stops being so hostile towards the “regs”. This time he seems blatantly more unlikable, and Recker is totally his toady. It’ll be interesting to see if those two continue their trend of bullying or if something happens to get everyone to set aside their differences. Might be a big change with the third act of the next episode.

And all of this being said, they totally should’ve just been Delta Squad anyway, so… :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

the bad batch are just filoni’d republic commandos change my mind

3 Likes

Or at least give them some kind of arc

1 Like