Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Just speculation, though people do think that one of the issues with the new light saber design was that the side pieces could be cut off.

1 Like

hey guys

JJ Abrams said Midochorians or whatever, those things for measuring force in the prequels and EU won’t be brought up in the movie. So I guess they’re non-canon anymore or something?

1 Like

…(insert huge smiley face here)

They’re probably not non-canon (considering that they’re mentioned many times in the PT), but at least he’s going to pretend like they don’t exist. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not in the slightest. Midi-chlorians still exist.

(And I still like them)

4 Likes

:confused: Would you mind explaining why? I’m not necessarily against them, but I don’t especially like them either.

2 Likes

They’re misunderstood. Most people jumped to the conclusion that they were the generators of the force. But in fact they’re simply the vehicles that channel the force. Their differing amounts in different individuals helps establish why only some people are force-sensitive.

On another level, it points out just how dogmatic the Jedi had become. They tried to come up with explanations for everything Force-related instead of tapping into the living Force itself.

The more that I look at the state of the Jedi Order in the prequels, the more Palpetine’s purge almost sounds like a good thing…

…from a certain point of view :wink:

5 Likes

My point and a few others are that it’s just some measurement system used just to tell how powerful force users are

like power levels in certain series

sorta useless considering

1 Like

…I’ll admit, this is actually a pretty great way to look at it. I’d never thought of it like that. :no_mouth: Although, it still wasn’t intended to be like that…George Lucas just wanted to explain something that didn’t need explaining–and that’s my only problem with the midi-chlorians.

In this case, does the creator’s original intent really matter? Sure, my logic may not be part of George’s original vision, but IMO it enhances it.

1 Like

Fair enough. I guess it doesn’t really matter what he intended; it’s just how we interpret it that matters. :blush:

2 Likes

Nothing to spoil, of course. Just kind of exciting to get a commercial for it. :smiley:

4 Likes

http://i.imgur.com/7Fhdje1.jpg

4 Likes

Yop. There’s his voice according to the toy.

2 Likes

There’s another one with Finn.
Here:

4 Likes

hmm, not sure if they’ll sound like that in the movie, after all, the talking iron man and captain america, and every other marvel speaking charater sounds nothing like their human counterpart

unless that’s actually them talking

2 Likes

From every Star Wars toy that talked I’ve ever had, they always pull lines from the movies.

2 Likes

yeah they probably have movie lines, but I kinda feel that’s probably not what they’ll sound like

1 Like

but the flame troopers though

those dudes are awesome

4 Likes

After reading through this topic I’m getting more hyped for this movie.

Indeed. I can’t decide whether I like the Flame or Snow variants more:

5 Likes